price increase for jems? bs - Page 6 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 05:57 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCB
May be I wasnt clear enough..... I said that I never saw Ibanez reducing its prices in Europe as the euro gained 50% against the dollar, and about 25% against the yen.

.
Can I ask the last time the price of ANYTHING went down? Down never happens, only up
Rich is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:00 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Can I ask the last time the price of ANYTHING went down? Down never happens, only up
Exactly. Trying to say this is "poor Ibanez business decisions" is ludicrous. It's economics, and these kind of decisions are hardly an exclusive Ibanez trait.
darren wilson is offline  
post #78 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:14 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Tucson AZ USA
Posts: 450
To all those saying Ibanez isn't dumb,

Moving production to Korea might be a good way to save/make more money. But let's look at what guitars are coming out of Korea. ESP has their top of line models made there.....oh wait no they don't. But that's ok because Ernie Ball gets all of their guitars from the Cort factory....oh wait that's not true either. Well, fortunately Jackson puts out their beautiful neck thru body, MOP inlayed, Soloists from Korea.... Oh wait, that's not as well.

I personally like playing nice guitars. I don't think I would be all that thrilled if I had to play on an ESP LTD the rest of my life. (Not saying they are bad guitars, but you always get what you pay for!) So if Ibanez moves their nice guitars to Korea, chances are ....(this is based on the belief that Japanese and American guitars ((and others I'm sure)) are built better than Korean, Chinese, etc.)(And I can't imagine to many people would disagree)....that the quality level will go down. The guitars will also lose a sense of "boutiqueness" if they aren't built in a more personal enviroment. That will lose the loyalty of the high end market.
If Ibanez caters only to the low end market, there are no "guitar" role models to look up too. People don't say, "Yes, I'm getting an Epiphone Standard Les Paul because it looks like an Epiphone Custom Les Paul!" They are looking up to the Gibson Les Paul Customs. The guitars that the dream about. If Ibanez doesn't have that, there isn't a huge reason for kids (much of the low end market) to want to be loyal to that brand.
I hope that made sense. lol
Given to Fly is offline  
post #79 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:19 PM
site founder 0% owner
 
jemsite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ - USA
Posts: 11,475
Reviews: 1
the ibanez sympathizers don't grasp those realities, nor the fact that ibanez might be caught outside looking in if they differentiate themselves exclusively with "cheap" "junk".

bargain shoppers shop for bargains and not brands.

POOF... the dopes at ibanez can stuff that in their pipe and smoke it, cause it's a fact.. glen
jemsite is offline  
post #80 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: FL
Posts: 120
I'm just curious, jemsite, what is your motivation for having this site? Not saying that you're right or wrong, but you seem awfully anti-Ibanez.
LoverMan is offline  
post #81 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:31 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,530
Everybody seems to forget there's a HIGHER step up in the line. If IBZ chooses to bring those over to fill the gap left in the MIJ upper end is yet to be seen, but they're "supposed" to.
Rich is offline  
post #82 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:38 PM
site founder 0% owner
 
jemsite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ - USA
Posts: 11,475
Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoverMan
I'm just curious, jemsite, what is your motivation for having this site? Not saying that you're right or wrong, but you seem awfully anti-Ibanez.
when the site was started ibanez was a thriving company that strove for more than $300 "junk" guitars. masterpieces such as the JEM10 were created. time have changed... glen
jemsite is offline  
post #83 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,530
Ibanez IS a thriving company and when the time comes a masterpiece JEM20th will be made.
Rich is offline  
post #84 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:40 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Tucson AZ USA
Posts: 450
If Ibanez brought the J-Customs over here then I think the damage (in my opinion) would be much much less! However, why would they need to do that if they are making so much money off the junk guitars?
Given to Fly is offline  
post #85 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Given to Fly
If Ibanez brought the J-Customs over here then I think the damage (in my opinion) would be much much less! However, why would they need to do that if they are making so much money off the junk guitars?
To save their reputaion from becoming "junk guitar company" [which Glen already says they are....]
Rich is offline  
post #86 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:44 PM
site founder 0% owner
 
jemsite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ - USA
Posts: 11,475
Reviews: 1
J-Cs would flop here as noone would be paying $2k for what will become a $300 brand name. Their only hope is to continually market anniversary model axes that will sell out to dealers at wNAMM.

Ibanez IS thriving as the seller of plywood guitars made in China! ...glen
jemsite is offline  
post #87 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:46 PM
site founder 0% owner
 
jemsite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ - USA
Posts: 11,475
Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Given to Fly
If Ibanez brought the J-Customs over here then I think the damage (in my opinion) would be much much less! However, why would they need to do that if they are making so much money off the junk guitars?
To save their reputaion from becoming "junk guitar company" [which Glen already says they are....]
NOPE those were YOUR words
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Don't forget that HUSA is still shipping 19,000 guitars a MONTH to dealers, 99% junk, but junk is where their bread is buttered these days.
jemsite is offline  
post #88 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,530
Arguing with Glen is like getting a labotomy from a proctologist.
Rich is offline  
post #89 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Given to Fly
If Ibanez brought the J-Customs over here then I think the damage (in my opinion) would be much much less! However, why would they need to do that if they are making so much money off the junk guitars?
To save their reputaion from becoming "junk guitar company" [which Glen already says they are....]
NOPE those were YOUR words
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Don't forget that HUSA is still shipping 19,000 guitars a MONTH to dealers, 99% junk, but junk is where their bread is buttered these days.
While at this time they still make very fine instruments, but what is SELLING and what makes them MONEY is the low end of the line. I guess you'd rather see them give up the low end just so they could die a happy dust covered death trying to only market top line instruments?!
Rich is offline  
post #90 of 251 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 07:31 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 663
I think Hoshino finally needs to create a ".... by Ibanez" sub-brand for their chinese/korean stuff.

Everything else has already been said.
horstausmforst is offline  
Reply

Tags
acoustic guitar , andy timmons , beautiful guitar , block inlays , body shape , brian moore , charvel evh , chrome hardware , chrome jem , cosmo hardware , crystal planet , custom guitar , custom shop , darren wilson , double cutaway , ebmm jpm , ebony fingerboard , electric guitar , equipped guitar , ernie ball , fixed bridge , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret size , george benson , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , gibson les paul studio , guitar mag , guitar shop , hoshino gakki , ibanez bass , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , les paul , les paul custom , les paul standard , les paul studio , les pauls , local guitar shop , locking nut , locking stud , locking studs , locking tuners , marty friedman , mij guitars , monkey grip , neck scale , neck thru , neck thru body , paul gilbert , paul stanley , production model , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , sam ash , shred guitars , signature guitar , steve vai , swamp ash , trem guitar , van halen , vinnie moore , whammy bars , zakk wylde

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mesa Mark V Head In Stock - Beat The Price Increase! mattsmusic Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 11-24-2010 03:37 PM
Mesa Boogie PRICE INCREASE Coming 12/1 mattsmusic Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 4 11-19-2010 12:09 PM
will the js2000 price increase? RG3120 Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 18 07-16-2005 01:45 PM
2001 price increase - What's the deal!? AH! YngVaiTriani Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 26 10-04-2001 06:41 PM
EBMM JPM price increase - Base price raised $170 Rich All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 48 08-21-2001 03:38 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome