Price info sought : Ibanez JS10th Chrome Boy - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Price info sought : Ibanez JS10th Chrome Boy

Hi guys,

Can anyone provide a guide price on a second hand Ibanez JS10th Joe Satriani Chrome Boy ? I haven't seen the instrument but its supposedly cased and in excellent condition.

Cheers,
Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 12:15 PM
Vendor

Condition is EVERYTHING with a chromeboy. Anything excellent to mint with clean chrome is a small fortune. Here's the last one to sell on ebay

Rich is online  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

ouch ! thanks for the info ...
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 11:58 AM

Wow! $4850? That is insane! Shop around, you should be able to get one for not more than $2500. BTW - same goes for Jem10s, UV77MCs, etc., these prices are getting out of control!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 01:32 PM

they DO go for <3000$ after what i've seen.
but not that dead mint as this one on ebay...
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 07:58 PM

That price,4850$, is absolutely absurd,I've sold 15 days ago mine on Ebay Js for 2750 that was in perfect condition,I hope that now people who wants to sell a Chrome Boy doesn't expect to realize 4000$ I dont think there so many stupids out there .
Anyone will ask you more than 3000$ for a Js10th must have it in DEAD MINT condition (but to me 3200$ it's enough in any case) otherwise its a thief.
Anyway I've found a JS2 in quite good shape after years of searching as soon I will have some pics I'll try to put them here in the forum....
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Vendor

Phooie. ebay is a world marketplace, and also hit and miss. They regularly sell at 5k and over in the UK and other Euro contries. Just because yours only brought that doesn't mean anything except it was a "miss"

Hit me with the plate # on the 2 if you ever catch it.
Rich is online  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 08:26 PM

Well Rich (sorry for the confidential tone) I always take a look to Js on ebay and As much as I can see I consider that the average price its between 2500/3000$..I was so upset because I dont want that anyone who wants to buy a Js10th in the future has to spend so much money, business trend its a dangerous thing ,its a collectable guitar but not an impossible guitar..
I hope that I've explained my point of view in a clear form, you know my english isn't brilliant at all..
For the JS2 I'm buyin' (or tryin') its from a guy in French that kept it since 94 after having received it from an engineer that worked at THE PLANT in Sausalito...this is alla I know for now, if everything will be true and will go as I hope I'll go to take it , after so much time I dont want to wait a shippin' parcel..
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 08:29 PM
Vendor

I've seen missing chrome got for $Z2500 and super clean do well over $5k. It's a sellers market right now on chromes but if you put one up unreserved you get what you ask for, pot luck

Next time you write/talk to him get me the plate number [and if it's black head or chrome head, my guess is black]
Rich is online  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
I've seen missing chrome got for $Z2500 and super clean do well over $5k. It's a sellers market right now on chromes but if you put one up unreserved you get what you ask for, pot luck

Next time you write/talk to him get me the plate number [and if it's black head or chrome head, my guess is black]
I'm waiting an answer about the plate number,as soon as I'll get I'll inform you , it's a black head but he wasn't so sure about this ...consider that this guy isn't really informed about the Js ,this should be good, he keep the guitar in an hardshell case since time probably hasn't really played it, he likes strange guitars but is a keyboard player and a producer......
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilouie
it's a black head but he wasn't so sure about this ......
No need for rocket science to look at the headstock and see if it's black or chrome
Rich is online  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilouie
it's a black head but he wasn't so sure about this ......
No need for rocket science to look at the headstock and see if it's black or chrome
Well it's the same thought I did, sorry for the personal question do you have a JS2 with a chrome headstock?
One thing I know for sure is that the trem bar gone lost beacuse he gave it to someone who used to play in his studio....have you understood what kind of person is this?
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 08:53 PM
Vendor

Bar is nothing, who cares?

I've never run into one that made it out of LA or PA with a chrome head that didn't go to Joe.
Rich is online  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 09:04 PM

Ah ok , infact in my poor knowledge of Js2 I was quite sure that the Chrome Headstock are quite impossible to find,Joe will be in Rome on July the 7th , I hope to have the guitar for that day so that I can show it to him in the other hand if not I will sign my new 1200, nice guitar ins't it?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 09:13 PM
Vendor

If you do just DON't have him sign it, or have him sign a cover if you must [have the 1200 signed however you want]
Rich is online  

Tags
chrome boy , joe satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode