price of jems in uk - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Reviews: 4
price of jems in uk

so i was in town looking for some aldridge pickups and seen 2 jems hanging up.the first 1was a jem 555 this just under £1000-$1637 bloody hell i think £700 is too much for a 555,ya think thats steep next to the 555 was a jem 7vwh now the price tag on this was £2670 yes £2670 in us dollars thats exactly $4371.great guitars but the price has shot through the roof,ok so how much is a new 7vwh in the u.s.a ???? lets see the difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 04:53 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: price of jems in uk

About $2600 give or take........ But they can probably be found cheaper.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 05:12 PM

jem 7vwh in australia are over $5000.00. you think uk and usa are paying too much, think again.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCK YOU SUCKERS View Post
so i was in town looking for some aldridge pickups and seen 2 jems hanging up.the first 1was a jem 555 this just under £1000-$1637 bloody hell i think £700 is too much for a 555,ya think thats steep next to the 555 was a jem 7vwh now the price tag on this was £2670 yes £2670 in us dollars thats exactly $4371.great guitars but the price has shot through the roof,ok so how much is a new 7vwh in the u.s.a ???? lets see the difference.
Buying new in the UK is a thing of the past for so many people nowadays. I haven't bought a new guitar in the UK since probably before the year 2000. The internet has opened up the world market so much that UK guitar stores just can't compete on price.

I feel sorry for the UK stores, I really do, but I wouldn't be prepared to take the financial hit myself just to keep them in business.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 11:56 PM

Reviews: 11

Here in Australia, three years ago when I got my 7VWh, they were worth $5995 AUD in all music shops across the country. So I hopped on ebay and picked up a brand new 7VWh from a Canadian Store for $2100 AUD plus $300 shipping. It was a no-brainer.

You'd have to be an idiot to buy a top shelf guitar from any stores in this country..... and to all those Aussies in here, there's no better time than now to buy a guitar from the US with our dollar being worth more than the US dollar. It probably wont happen again in a long long time. I saved that much money when the AUD was 90c worth 1 US dollar too. Right now it's about $1.07 AUD to the $1 US. I wish I had a boatload of cash right now.

Last edited by Macka; 06-10-2011 at 12:06 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 02:09 AM

Reviews: 11

Why do the prices differ so much exactly?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
Here in Australia, three years ago when I got my 7VWh, they were worth $5995 AUD in all music shops across the country. So I hopped on ebay and picked up a brand new 7VWh from a Canadian Store for $2100 AUD plus $300 shipping. It was a no-brainer.

You'd have to be an idiot to buy a top shelf guitar from any stores in this country..... and to all those Aussies in here, there's no better time than now to buy a guitar from the US with our dollar being worth more than the US dollar. It probably wont happen again in a long long time. I saved that much money when the AUD was 90c worth 1 US dollar too. Right now it's about $1.07 AUD to the $1 US. I wish I had a boatload of cash right now.
same here man. have no money for guitars and am kicking myself.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
You'd have to be an idiot to buy a top shelf guitar from any stores in this country..... and to all those Aussies in here, there's no better time than now to buy a guitar from the US with our dollar being worth more than the US dollar.
+1 to that. The price differential is ridiculous. For other fellow Aussies who can - buy now. The Aussie will revert back to 80 odd cents level before much longer I think.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryancap77 View Post
Why do the prices differ so much exactly?

It's called inflation. When a central bank prints too much money, your purchasing power goes down each year. There are less inflated British pounds than there are inflated US $ so the British pound has more purchasing power than USD's.

Interesting note: in the late 80's you could buy a Jem for an ounce & a half of gold. You can still buy a Jem today for an ounce & a half of gold. You can't print gold, so gold is a dependable currency standard.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 03:45 PM

go to rich and do yourself a favour. (ibanezrules)

my next guitar is coming from him!

i looked as an example for a JS1600 - shipped and sent over from rich with a set up is about £1400. Buy it brand new from a UK store and it will set you back at LEAST £1600-1800, and thats without his famous set ups and pre shipping care/checks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode