Pro Track vs Satch Track ??? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2013, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Question Pro Track vs Satch Track ???

Just wondering if anyone has the details on the difference between the Pro Track pickup on the JS2400 vs what Ibanez calls the Satch Track on the JS2410. There doesn't really seem to be any info online about the difference in the two or if there even is any.

Anyone got the low down on these pups?

JD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 02:06 PM

Re: Pro Track vs Satch Track ???

The Satch Track has slightly less bass, A bump up for the mids, and treble balance is the same for both. Sort of the same thing as he did when he updated Fred to Mo Joe. A subtle but differentiated riff on we've heard before.

Please keep in mind that the shift to Alder grants a slightly warmer tone than basswood typically which probably accounts for knock down of bass on the Satch Track. I found the 2410 to be slightly warmer than both of my 2400s and 1200, but obviously thinner than my 6 and 1600s.

Hope this helps and enjoy your 2410!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the clarification Dolph, makes sense.

I will definitely enjoy the new 2410, it'll fit in nicely with my little stringed family.

JD
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 04:38 PM

No problem bro, glad I could help as I am probably one of 4 who already have this guitar in hand. Like i said, if you have played a 2400, this is similar but with a slightly rounder and robust overall tone.

P.S. The Satch Track splits beautifully for an awesome clean tone, give it a try when you get yours!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-23-2013, 06:24 AM

How do both of these compare to the Chopper in the JS24P?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattww View Post
How do both of these compare to the Chopper in the JS24P?
Hey Matt,

The Chopper is a bit hotter and rawer sounding than both of the other pick-ups. Less subtlety but more overall punch and power with boosted highs and lows.

They all sound good and it just boils down to preference. I always preferred a much more dimensional sound, but have many friends who sound great and opt for higher output pick-ups, so I'm sure you will be happy.

Hope that helps and let me know if I can offer any more input.

Dolph
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 02:05 PM

Thanks - it seems like the hardware in the JS24P is good as is then so it is all coming down to build quality when choosing between that and the JS2410MCO... my existing Ibanez models are MIJ so I know what to expect there but as this one was for Eb Tuning....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphC View Post
The Satch Track has slightly less bass, A bump up for the mids, and treble balance is the same for both. Sort of the same thing as he did when he updated Fred to Mo Joe. A subtle but differentiated riff on we've heard before.

Please keep in mind that the shift to Alder grants a slightly warmer tone than basswood typically which probably accounts for knock down of bass on the Satch Track. I found the 2410 to be slightly warmer than both of my 2400s and 1200, but obviously thinner than my 6 and 1600s.

Hope this helps and enjoy your 2410!
Thank you for the input.

I know it's an old thread but, since you have both the JS2400 and JS2410, what would be your preference if now you had to choose only one?

I have the opportunity to choose between a second hand 2400 or a 2410, both in perfect condition. I will only have few minutes to test them before deciding.

Of course, moneywise I would choose the 2400.

On the colors, I feel attracted to the crazy red but, perhaps I would feel more comfortable on the stage with the more discrete white tone .

On paper, it seems like the only major differences are basswood/alder and ProTrack/SatchTrack. How do you like their tone and playability?

I've been playing a RG550LTD for 20 years (basswood body + Gravity Storm pickups) and I still love it.

I recently bought an expensive J-Custom RG8550MZ but I didn't like it (it didn't had much to offer over the rusty RG550LTD, and it had an issue of a dead note) so I've sold it.

Last edited by pingfloid; 08-23-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Tags
js2400 , js2410 , pickup , satch pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode