Problem - DBK Pickguard ! - Starts to crack. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Problem - DBK Pickguard ! - Starts to crack.

Hi dudes. I buy a DBK lasts week (last friday 20) and after exactly one week my mirror pickguard starts to crack ! Near the screws starts to show some minors crack ! What i do now. The guitar never came out from my house, and when i 'm not playing stays only in hardshell case. I'm thinking to write to ibanez. I would like to know your oppinion.

LGMT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 11:44 AM
Vendor

Problem - DBK Pickguard !

First thing is to go to your dealer with the guitar and show them. Unless you did something foolish like overtighten the p/g screws they should be able to get you one covered under warranty.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 11:46 AM
Vendor

Oooops, Brazil. find out if there IS a warranty down there first.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2001, 11:46 AM

I think it's because someone tighthened the screws a tad bit too tight, it happened to my UV777bk as well. But I hated the cheapo looking plastic mirror in the very first place! The fact that it cracked gave me a good excuse to get a custom one....A FULL STAINLESS STEEL ONE BABEEE!

ROCK!

You can get one done, not necessarily at a pickguard place, I got mine done at a local custom sign maker! With a turnout time of one a half weeks and a price of about 50 US Dollars and the fact that my UV looks really nice...who's complaining?

Chris.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2001, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Rich, one friend of mine get the guitar to me at Samsh NY. I wrote to ibanez and now rest to wait for the answer. The p/g stills at the same way that he comes. I play last friday in the morning and stays fingerprints in the p/g. When i was cleaning it with a cotton i don't saw nothing because the p/g don't has nothing until that.
I go to take the case and when i'm back i saw these cracks.
Now i need to wait.
They really answer the e-mail questions ???????
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2001, 12:11 PM
Vendor

You'll need to call Samash then. The likelyhood of getting an email reply from Hoshino is pretty slim.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode