A Problem that needs Solving! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

A Problem that needs Solving!

Hello guys!
Now , i have a problem. i own a beutiful Wolfgang EVH Special (EVH) . A very soulful guitar that screaaams! Beutiful untreated maple neck and fretboard thats very rough and nice.
A floyd that will never go out of tune , but cant go backwards. A D-Tuner (wich is never in use) and some cool pickups.
I love this guitar, and feel its some special connection between it and my hands\me .

But June 20th i attended a G3 show. And seeing Steve play that 7vwh made my mind turn from "a jem would be cool. but i already have a high-end guitar that i love" to "i really need a jem" ..
And if im gonna get one i will have to sell my Wolfgang . But i am in doubt and need you guys to tell me WHY i should have a 7vwh instead hehe ...
Nilsefix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 08:33 PM

I say, go to a store and play a 7V and see if it's your guitar
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 08:36 PM

Play it for at least an hour, because if you play it before you're warmed up, you don't really know how good or bad it is.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 10:16 PM

wait

never buy anything on impulse.

i just did and now have a fender american sitting here wishing i didnt buy it LOL

wait 2 weeks and play it a couple times before you buy it. you may not even like the way it feels.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 11:12 PM

yeah, never buy somthing on an impulse.

i've tried them both, and my choice is clear.....
it's white, dude
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsefix
And if im gonna get one i will have to sell my Wolfgang.
Why do you HAVE TO sell the Wolfgang? I understand finances, but if you really want a 7V, it'll wait til you have the cash. Then you can have the best of both worlds!

Quote:
But i am in doubt and need you guys to tell me WHY i should have a 7vwh instead
If we have to tell you, you don't need a 7V!

Quote:
But June 20th i attended a G3 show.
Funny, on June 20th I went to a VH show and my desire to get a Wolfgang Custom Shop is re-ignited....
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

The problem , wich i forgot to say . Is that i have no possibility to try a jem at all . I just know they are so god damn good-looking hehe .. And no shop will take one in for me to try . cause if its not sold the store is bankrupt (its 4000$!) so i have to decide without really knowing if i like it . I know the neck is really thin , but i guess i can learn to love that ..

The reason i cant wait , is that it takes TIME for me to raise that kind of money . no job hehe ...
Well .. anywho ..
bye
Nilsefix
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 11:51 AM

If you check the classifieds on this site, you may snatch a VWH for way less than 4000 bucks. Even in norway
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I know the neck is really thin , but i guess i can learn to love that ..
Why should you learn to love it? Why don't you just get something you already like?

I say save up and buy a used one. If you can't justify the two guitars, after a few months, sell the one you use less.

Tags
custom shop , maple neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode