Problem with Pickguard Paradise - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Problem with Pickguard Paradise

Hi,

Iím posting here hoping I can get some help after I had a pickguard made by Tom at Pickguard Paradise.

I ordered a guard with clear instructions for my friends í06 deluxe double fat strat, noting how the pickup surrounds are rounded for the humbuckers not square like the usual type. (I mentioned this on more than one email because it was important to have a matching guard)

The guard turned up with the wrong pickup routing. Also the rear pick up hole was cut too far away from the bridge to fit in the guitar properly.

I emailed Tom and he wanted the original guard back before sending me out a replacement. I had posted the first one back over to him with a tracing of the Fender type guard we needed
After a while this is what turned up. It has the correct routing but the quality of the guard is well below average. The top of the guard still has the routing edge, then the half buffed edge. Same on the lower horn with odd marks as you can see in the pics.

I emailed Tom with these pics but he wonít reply to me & Iím stuck with a useless guard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pickguard 1a.JPG (61.6 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg Pickguard 1b.JPG (46.2 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg Pickguard 1c.JPG (54.4 KB, 94 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 PM

Re: Problem with Pickguard Paradise

how did you pay ?

cc or PP dispute the payment
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

I Payed via paypal

I wasn't sure if PP could do anything because I have received the item.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 09:03 PM

If you arent happy with the product you can still file a dispute.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 09:29 PM

I have found Tom to be very accomidating and reasonable in my dealings. Call him, I am pretty sure he would try to work things out with you to your satisfaction or refund your money.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 04:28 AM

That sucks you are in Australia thing's like this must take forever. While I have never purchased a pickguard from Tom he has responded to all my emails the same day, many times multiple emails.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 05:36 AM

I had a similar problem with pickguard I ordered through them (from Australia as well). First one didn't fit, second one was wrong even though they were sure they had the right model year UV777 template. It was frustrating, but eventually I sent a trace and they send me a perfect guard.

The good news about all of it was they were very accomodating the whole way. Quick to respond to emails as well. After seeing others on here with the same experience and good service, chances are if they're not getting back to you, it's not out of neglect.

Understandbly though, it's bloody hard being even more patient than we have to be with getting things shipped to and from Australia. They'll look after you mate.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, I'll try to get in contact with him again.

The thing is i wasn't an abusive ass or anything like that, and I dont understand why I haven't heard back from Tom with the problem on the pick guard (my last email was on the 20th Oct) So I have been giving him a chance to respond...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 11:21 AM

I went through 4 pickguards before he got it right on my uv777bk. Very frustrating but the final guard looks great.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 11:29 PM

I had a little problem with him too. The pickguard had crooked lines.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 10:41 PM

I responded to this person, but his communication sucks like his attitude. If he did the right thing he would have read on my website to send an exact trace of his guard, which he did not, especially if it was not the standard, also I told him to send the guard back so I can see what the problem is and if there was I would gladly make him another at no charge , like I have been doing for years. He also complained that the guard was half buffed on the edges , excuse me but I don't know of any pickguard company that even buffs the edges except us. Did he send the guard back ... absolutely not. anyone can check my feedback on ebay for years. I always am willing to help and or correct any problems that we would ever make, like in the above postings, Not all guards are the same and sometimes the same model can be changed as the years go by
Tom G

Last edited by tommyplays; 06-10-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Tags
pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode