Product line having problems with the paint of JEM7VWH? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

Product line having problems with the paint of JEM7VWH?

Hey all,

The other day i went to the local guitar store here in Kuopio, Finland and asked for a JEM7VWH. After a few quick phone calls the store clerk told me that apparently the product line is having some problems with the white paint and they are able to deliver the guitar to me not earlier than in april 2004!

I also asked from another store and from the company that imports the guitars and the answer was the same.

Can this be true?

And another thing, how is the quality of the latest JEM7VWH? I understood that 03' models come with Edge Pro bridge and with rosewood neck, good or bad?

Thanks for the info!

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 12:19 PM
Vendor

Sounds like an excuse as to why they're having trouble getting enough VWH's, nobody can get enough this year, which is why I overordered last order

No rosewood fretboards, the only spec that's changed is the bridge.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Sounded like an excuse to me too.

Actually i went through your site today Rich. Might put up an order soon lol.

First i just have to sell my 97' Les Paul Standard Honey Burst and 88' Telecaster and then i'm good to go hehe.

I just can't wait five months to get that axe. Though it hurts to sell the others, i just can't help it. :P
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-04-2003, 10:31 AM

I've got a '00 JEM7DK and a 03' JEM7VWH..

and I must say the Edge Pro performs just as well as the Lo-Pro with a good setup and propperly stretched strings! as it should! as for quality control.. the '03 JEM I have is absolutly perfect couldnt argue with it.. and it came PERFECTLY intonated (this is a first lol). the action wasnt perfect tho as per usual of ibanez setups.

*craves a Multicolour UV*

anyone wanna swap a DBK? lol
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Good to hear that the quality is still there.

Man, i wonder why they told me that 04' models will have rosewood necks...

Tags
edge pro bridge , les paul , les paul standard , rosewood fretboard , rosewood fretboards , rosewood neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode