putting a vsbl 03' neck on a new 1570? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

putting a vsbl 03' neck on a new 1570?

hello all i have been recently posting here about sound wavering problems on my jem vsbl... a user by the name of ralph has had the same problem with his jem... basically it sounds like my pickups are too close and im getting the oscillating sustain sound.. but i never goes away no matter what i do... lower pickups(i even bottomed them out and removed the single coul) ,dampen springs, ive even taken it to 3 techs and even completley dismantled my bridge just to make sure everything was tight but to no avail...=( Apperently what ive gatherd from talking to ppl that alot of guitars do this it just to what extent it does it and ppl say that its sympathetic wood causing the sound stability issues i guess. From what i hear even high end les pauls suffer from this... and sometimes every note that u hit sounds unstable which unfortunatly warranty doesnt cover sound and just because it does this.. there is absolutly nothing physicly wrong with the guitar =(
so i basically got a $1800 peice of kindling =(
Needless to say ive gotten a great deal on a 1570GN and since i simply cannot afford another jem i was thinking about just slapping my vsbl neck on 1570 get some blue evolutions,hs-2 and some blue knobs i think it would help the contrast of the silver and blue vine... i know i know it wont look very blueish =P should there be much problem in doing this? both guitars are 2k3

sweet thx for your guys' time
jagermeistro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 12:57 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: putting a vsbl 03' neck on a new 1570?

the neck should be a direct fit. should not even have to redrill the bolts, but of course prepare to do that if needed... glen
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Re: putting a vsbl 03' neck on a new 1570?

woot thankz for the xtremly quick response

"Pan-galactic Gargle blasters are the best drink in the galaxy" J
agermeistro

Tags
jem vsbl , les paul , les pauls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode