Question about the "Ibanez Jem" single coil pickup. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Question about the "Ibanez Jem" single coil pickup.

I'm working on a parts list to rewire a buddy's '07 Jem to be like his old pink Jem ('8. The pink's single coil seems to be an "Ibanez Jem" pickup. Is a current Dimarzio HS-2 comparable and a good match for the PAF Pros that I'll be installing? Other viable options/matches?

Thanks folks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 09:43 AM

Reviews: 5
Re: Question about the "Ibanez Jem" single coil pickup.

yes...the HS-2 is exactly what was IN the original JEM 777SK, as far as i am aware...HS-3 will be a better match sound-wise to the humbuckers, IMHO...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 09:47 AM

HS-2 in single coil mode works well, or you could just use a DiMarzio ISCV2.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Bobby, what about the HS-3 do you feel makes it a better match for the PAF Pros?

Algiman, can you direct me to some specs n the ISCV2? Thanks!

Good input thus far, I appreciate it.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 10:47 AM

The ISCV2 is the part number for the Jem single coil. If you want a Jem pickup sound, then go for it.

If you want another pickup in there, then it won't really matter too much, but I'd try to get a high output model to avoid having it swamped by the paf pros.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
The ISCV2 is the part number for the Jem single coil. If you want a Jem pickup sound, then go for it.

If you want another pickup in there, then it won't really matter too much, but I'd try to get a high output model to avoid having it swamped by the paf pros.
I agree. Really, any single coil will do. Mainly output is what you should pay attention to. Personally, I like the FS-1. I almost never use the middle pickup, but I like the idea of having an actual single coil wired with the split humbucker for more authentic quack and no hum.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 PM

I have a JEM single coil I got from another forum member a while back that I'm not going to use if you still want one.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 02:41 PM

Reviews: 1

I have a Rg550 that i put evos in and an hs-2 in the mid. Sounds great and is not overpowered by the evos so it should work fine with the pafs.

Tags
pickup replacement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode