Question about pickups/ volume pot - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Question about pickups/ volume pot

Maybe someone here can help me out. My buddy owns a JEM (older model) with a floral pattern - 6 string. While we were jamming the other day I noticed his tone would "clean " up without sacrificing volume when he was adjusting his volume nob. He claims it was his fingers and how hard he struck the strings, yet I can't do this on my guitars at all (maybe its just me) I don't buy it.

I don't know anyhting about this guitar, so I figured it was either his guitar or his effects processor, but either way it ws working quite well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 09:45 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Question about pickups/ volume pot

This should not really be a surprise. He probably was playing loud to begin with and doesn't overload the gain so when you roll back the volume and pick attack you get some clarity at a similar volume.

next time have him do it on your guitar for proof ...glen
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 01:38 PM

Glen's right....It's the ultimate test isn't it...
"Well mate if it is your tone soaked fingers and not your guitar...here(passes own guitar) have a go on this" LOL

I too have an older Jem (777DY) with the same PAF pro pickups as the floral pattern and as long as you don't hammer the overdrive/scoop out all the mids, you can get a great variety of tones just by using the volume pot.

Ben
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2005, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, thats what I thought.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2005, 04:41 PM

I have a 7vwh and I can clean it up with the volume or use the single coil in the middle (along or with the neck or bridge pups) to clean it up a bit.

Tags
bridge pup , paf pro , paf pro pickups , pro pickups

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode