Question about the UV77RE - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Question about the UV77RE

Hey everyone ive located a UV77re with a killer swirl and before i pull the trigger on dumping the 6 grand on it i was wondering if you think it would be a worthy investment for possible future resale? I have a few jems that i love , some i play and some are just hanging on the wall for me to gaze at lol. But i would probably play the UV once and then never touch it, just build a fortress around it and call it a day! Let me know what you think! Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 05:44 PM

Re: Question about the UV77RE

If you want an investment, put the 6k in a financial product.

If you want art to hang on the wall and look at, buy 6k worth of art.

If you want to play guitar, buy a frickin' guitar.

Your mileage may, of course, vary....
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass hysteria View Post
Hey everyone ive located a UV77re with a killer swirl and before i pull the trigger on dumping the 6 grand on it i was wondering if you think it would be a worthy investment for possible future resale? I have a few jems that i love , some i play and some are just hanging on the wall for me to gaze at lol. But i would probably play the UV once and then never touch it, just build a fortress around it and call it a day! Let me know what you think! Thanks guys
I think I would buy the guitar for the love of it first, and the investment second.

The guys with PMCs, DNAs, GMCs, and MCs that bought them 10 years ago could laugh all the way to the bank if they wanted to. Some do, and some don't.

I am sure that the guys that buy the MC 20th will be able to realize it as an investment, but probably not next week. It will take some time.

With the market at a 6 year low, if it purely an investment, I would sink the funds elsewhere.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

I definately love the guitar dont get me wrong and all of the jems i have ever bought i still have. Im not saying that im buying it to sell i just would rather no that if i lost my job 10 years down the road i would be able to at least break even on it. Plus ive gotta justify something to the wife or she wont cook me dinner anymore! lol
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
If you want an investment, put the 6k in a financial product.

If you want art to hang on the wall and look at, buy 6k worth of art.

If you want to play guitar, buy a frickin' guitar.

Your mileage may, of course, vary....
Actually, I think your milage might be right the same
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

I guess or i could just take polka lessons instead
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass hysteria View Post
I definately love the guitar dont get me wrong and all of the jems i have ever bought i still have. Im not saying that im buying it to sell i just would rather no that if i lost my job 10 years down the road i would be able to at least break even on it. Plus ive gotta justify something to the wife or she wont cook me dinner anymore! lol
I feel ya on the wife front like you wouldn't believe.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

haha i know maybe ill have to take her on vaca or suttin to make up for it!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 12:38 PM

I would say the RE's will keep their value at least, and possibly increase. There's already some douche who is trying to sell his on the bay for 11k. Granted it won't sell for that but it gives you an idea of some of the perceptions out there.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantboy View Post
I would say the RE's will keep their value at least, and possibly increase. There's already some douche who is trying to sell his on the bay for 11k. Granted it won't sell for that but it gives you an idea of some of the perceptions out there.
It's listed here too. Or, it was.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Vendor

Of course it was removed. As you know any listing motivated by profit is considered a reseller or dealer and you have to pay for the listing just like any dealer would. You cannot use the site to make money and not kick a little back into keeping it running, something this guy just doesn't seem to get his head around. Much less the fact that you can't see pictures, he won't disclose ANY personal information, and expects you to buy on faith
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 11:19 PM

if its not in a store don't even think of buying it.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 03:02 AM

I don't see these skyrocketing in value unless we have another big economic boom period.

If these were $2,000 and there was 100 of them, it would be a great investment.

I think these might be maxed out at $6,000 though

Tags
universe , uv77re

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode