Question form a Newbie - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Question form a Newbie

Hi,

I've been visitng you're site for about a year now and have decided to come in from the sidelines! I live in Ireland (Northern) and have afew custom jems, an RG, a Peavey Wolfgang EVH and I am now looking for a new or second hand Jem7VW! Any advice on where to look - they are actually much cheaper to buy from the states than over here in Europe and the uK. Anyone here have one for sale or know hwere the cheapest dealers are located?

Thanks in advance....

And great site by the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 11:19 AM

Hey there and welcome to the site.

I'm in the UK too and believe me, some people in the US complain about the prices of Jems over there, i wish they were as much as they are there in the UK!

Anyway, if you're looking to find a second hand Jem7V then go and look in the Jem/UV ads on this very forum. Odds are that if someone is selling a Jem then this is the first place they will/should go. You should have no problem mate.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2004, 12:45 PM

Click on that MASSIVE swirled ad up above called Ibanez Rules!! and prepare to do business with a true gentleman.

Or Rich. :P

Seriously good prices, excellent setup, perfect references, very helpful guy.

Welcome to the forum!
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamand
Click on that MASSIVE swirled ad up above called Ibanez Rules!! and prepare to do business with a true gentleman.

Or Rich. :P
LOL! Good one...

I'm not sure off hand what his policy is on overseas shipping, but I've bought two guitars from Rich. He gets my vote.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 01:26 AM
Vendor

Overseas never a problem, but he wants cheap, I don't do cheap, I do good
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 02:05 AM

I too have purchased a guitar from Rich (a 7VWH, just like what you're looking for), and he's very professional and does do an excellent job setting it up to your needs and preferences. And his prices are pretty darn good too.

-Jeff.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 02:12 AM
Vendor

The funniest thing is most of what I do you couldn't tell unless you directly compared it to one that hadn't been touched. Guy got my last FP today called because he wanted to send his 03' VWH to get sorted out too and I walked him through everything to compare between the two, and he could see the difference, notably perfect bridge radius and the insane high nut on his VWH, besides the trem return that just wasn't right. Details you don't notice and have to be pointed out.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Hi Guys!
Thanks for all the replies!
I checked out Rich's site yesterday! Its awesome and loads of great gear on there. I had him mail me a quote for a new Jem 7VW and whilst the price was clearly a whole deal cheaper tan the retail high street stores would be, it was just too much for me right now. If I can get a second hand one for under $1000 then i'll jump at it. I could alternatively wait and save a bit more but when I get in the notion to have something I have to have it NOW!!!!
Anyone selling one let me know!
Cheers!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 05:26 AM

Good luck getting a 7VWH for under $1000. Don't forget that with importing to the UK you'll have to pay shipping (about $100) and then all the customs/import tax that comes with it. It's worth it in the long run because you save money overall. I've imported two guitars and my UV777BK cost me $1000 including shipping but I still had to pay tax upon it's arrival.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 09:32 AM

I really hope you get your Jem! I'm in the same position, there's no way i'd pay the (UK) price for a new Jem as it is just ridiculous, at the current exchange rate, the lowest price i've seen a Jem7VWH on sale in the UK is 1699=$3,004.35!! Rich i've been looking at your site for a long time as it's usually handy to read the tech section and stuff before i even realised that you were on Jemsite, i never actually bothered working out how much it would cost to buy from the US and get it shipped but it's -still- cheaper by a long way from the UK prices, WHEN i get a Jem in the future it'll definately be from your shop lol
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Cheers Guys!
I have a few Jem 7VWH's for around $1000 believe it or not. I always buy my stuff from the US because its so much cheaper and mu Uncle living and working in NY City I just get him to carry the guitars home on the plans as personal luggage! Sorted - no import tax, duty, customs or nada!
The ammount of TAX our governement applies to imported ggods is ridiculous - we are the highest taxed country in Europr for most goods, services and products! It sucks. You guys across the water have it easy!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE BLACK DOTS
Uncle living and working in NY City I just get him to carry the guitars home on the plans as personal luggage! Sorted - no import tax, duty, customs or nada!
You're lucky there, i've had to pay a lot in import tax and shipping in the past. If you can save that then you're in for some great deals. Take advantage of the dollar while the pound is strong!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-25-2004, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

I Know mate! I bought a Pre Pat Pending (promotion model to test the market) Peavey Wolfgang 1997 1st year production for like 300 6 months ago - this guitar costs near $2000 new and it was mint! Also a Peavey 5150 Combo for 400!! A Jem 7RB and 2 Eddie Van Halen Kramer/Frnakie replicas!! The Pound is strong and it rocks! I hardly purchase anything over here anymore! The world isn't such a small place anymore - thanks to globalization!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 04:25 AM

You can't do better than Rich Harris for quality IMO- all the Ibanez's he's shipped to me in Ireland have been better than described, perfectly set up, and superbly packaged.

Tags
custom jem , eddie van halen , peavey wolfgang , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode