Question re: Pickguard Replacement - JEM 90 HAM - are they s - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2001, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Question re: Pickguard Replacement - JEM 90 HAM - are they s

Hi all,

Well, this is my first post although I've been lurking for awhile. *Thanks in advance to all the knowledgeable folks on this list.

I recently bought a used JEM 90. *The guitar is sweet except the pickguard is a bit messy and I can't clean it with anything I've tried. *I'm going to keep this pickguard on the guitar because I bought it to play, and this way I don't have to worry about it. *

However - I would like to get a replacement guard for it before they're no longer available, so I can have it for future use. *

Are these mirrored pickguards still available? *Are the mirror guards on the DBK the exact same? *Can I just order one of those?

Thanks again!
Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 02:19 PM
rvj

Question re: Pickguard Replacement

Nice guitar. You can try Jeannie pickguards for a replacement. There is a link at the vendor page.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2001, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice. *Jeannie's can supply the pickguard. *I really appreciate it! *Gary
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 09:40 PM

Resurrecting an old post here!

This was a concern of mine also as I bought my 90 with a minor scratch on the pickguard.
I am now thinking I should remove it and use it with a custom one until sell time (if that day ever comes).
From a collectors POV, do you gurus think original pickguard will make a difference to the value?
Also, do Jeannies do a good job? I will import to Oz if they are the best at their work.

cheers,

Ben
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Since this topic has been resurrected, I've got an additional question....

The information on the JEM 90 HAM on Jemsite states that the pickguard is actually mirrored aluminum - not plastic as I first believed:

http://www.jemsite.com/axes/htm_features/spec.htm

If this is true, the original pickguard can easily be polished back to new. *Correct?

Thanks,
Gary

Tags
jeannie pickguards , mirrored pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode