Questions about JEM7VWH (2010) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Questions about JEM7VWH (2010)

I'm purchasing this guitar very soon, and I had 3 seperate questions that I would love for any of you to answer (just for info):

1) What is the factory-setting tuning on JEM7V's? Do they come with a regular E tuning or an Eb tuning ?

2) What is the factory setting on the installed strings? Do they come in 9-42's or 10-46's or any other form ?

3) most importantly (because I tested this guitar already), but for the life of me, I was not able to lock the tremolo/dive bar in place... is there a way to keep the tremolo bar locked in your place of desire when you stick it in (for lack of a better term) or does it always stay loose ? because i'm used to the Original Floyd Rose system which lets you rotate the nut around the trem bar until you can fully lock it in... but that is not the case with the Edge Tremolo which doesn't have this feature and thus i'm NOT figuring out how to lock the bar!!

I'd appreciate somebody helping me out... and thanx !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 09:34 AM

Re: Questions about JEM7VWH (2010)

1. E
2. 9 - 42
3. Yes, sort of. The bar is held in by small nylon collars, they get loose with time. Search the forum and you'll find a multitude of solutions.
Algiman is online  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman View Post
1. E
2. 9 - 42
3. Yes, sort of. The bar is held in by small nylon collars, they get loose with time. Search the forum and you'll find a multitude of solutions.
3. Yes, but here we're talking about a brand new guitar, which means the 2 white nylon collars haven't been exhausted yet. But my question is whether i can lock the trem bar in a certain angle adjacent to the guitar and not have it treading loosely when i'm playing !! because i'm not finding the right method to keep it in a specified stable position !
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 09:47 AM

Like I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman View Post
Search the forum and you'll find a multitude of solutions.
Algiman is online  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2010, 05:56 PM

Reviews: 59

short answer is yes, provided the nylon thingys are not worn out, you will be able to set it and forget it on your trem bar angle.
That said, the more you use it, the faster the nylon washers will wear out and you'll have to replace them or the bar will just limp to a down position.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode