Ibanez JEM Forum banner

RE: JS1600

5K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  scarello 
#1 ·
RE: JS1600

What ever happened to this model?

JS1600 | Ibanez Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

I had one and loved it. Main reason I got mine was because I had a JS6 back in the day.

I've even seen at least one person post where they stripped the body to look like a JS6.

Mine had some tuning stability issues on the B string, which I'm guessing may be nut related, unless the tuners are a known issue - still a great guitar.

My assumption is it may boil down to pure economics and maybe not a big seller?

Steve

#2 ·
Re: JS1600

I sanded mine back and oiled it, looks just like a 6 now.... in fact I sold my 6... the neck on the 1600 is nicer, locking tuners and for me a better guitar..... love to see Joe do an updated version (24 frets)..... depending on who you talk too, some say Joe didn't even know the 1600 was being released (true?) either way it was only out for a short time

#14 ·
Re: JS1600

I had a JS1600 a few years back and sold it because I wasn't using it. Big mistake
There aren't many JS1600 around for sale and I'd prefer it to the JS2000.
Are there any alternatives to the JS1600?
I really dig my JS1600 and the sparkle silver is awesome (I don't need another natural axe) except the control pots insufficient linearity. But I picked up earlier this year a swirled SCA220 for my daughter for xmas it's MIJ & similar she was playing my JS1000 since outgrowing the mini Strat. Cheap AF minty used... MIJ litters online retailers & reverb look around!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.