Replace Jem neck or fix it? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Replace Jem neck or fix it?

I got my hands on a pal's old white Jem (he got it around 1995, used for $1000, I think) with the cool floral pattern on the fretboard. The neck was broken at a keg party and sat in his closet for the past several years. Since he doesn't play much guitar anymore he gave it to me for free with the obvious condition that I pay for a new neck, which the local Ibanez dealer is charging about $650 after taxes and shipping. Then I was checking out another link on this site about fixing broken necks with a little glue. Don't know if that's workable in this case, but I was wondering what the Jem experts thought about this deal. I'm thinking $650 for guitar that currently costs $1800 new is a reasonable steal. I was also pondering a custom neck, which might be a little cheaper. Any comments?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 12:16 PM
dex

Email someone like Eddie (EKG Custom Shop banner above) or Brian at Universal Jems (I would say Jeremy at LGM but he is injured, very busy and in the wrong country so not really a great choice right now) with detailed pics and they'll tell you if it could be fixed and quote you a price.
Short of that - custom neck without an elaborate inlay will be cheaper, with inlay will be pretty much the same price as Ibanez neck.

ilia

Tags
custom shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode