Replacement pickups for JEMs - I like the Evolutions, but... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
Replacement pickups for JEMs - I like the Evolutions, but...

I really like the Evos, but I think they have a very distorted tone for my taste. I'd like to replace them one day, when I have money, but I started testing pickups recently, because I don't like to do anything in a hurry. I liked the Breed pickups, but they are too hard to find in Brazil, making them almost inviable. Any other suggestions for a cleaner tone?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 09:47 PM

Replacement pickups for JEMs

PafPro- they show up on ebay all the time and are a great sounding pickup.

J>
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-05-2001, 10:20 PM

I'll 2nd the vote for the PAF-Pro
~Kenny
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 12:07 AM

I would say Steve's Special or PAF Pro. Porbably the PAF's. So I third the PAF motion
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2001, 09:18 AM

cooool *!!

another brazilian on the list !!! falae Carlos :biggrin:

another vote for the PAF Pro, but if you want a clean sound maybe you should check the humbucker from hell. Although I've never tried one, it's supposed to have a sound similar to a single coil without the hum.

About finding pickups here in Brazil, stores like Made in Brazil and Blue Music (both in Sao Paulo, assuming you live here) have lots of different dimarzio pickups, even if they don't have a specific model they can order on the distributor in a week. I recently changed my RG550 ltd equipped with Paf's for a Steve's Special and an Air Norton (just like the John Petrucci model) and the only store I could find both pickups was Made in Brazil (each pickups was about US$ 110,00 or R$ 220,00)

welcome to the forum !!!

Gilberto

Tags
air norton , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , distorted tone , john petrucci , john petrucci model , paf pro , petrucci model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode