Replacing truss rod? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2003, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 4
Replacing truss rod?

Did a search, couldn't find anything on this. I stripped my truss rod's hole some. I thought I had the right sized allen wrench. I was wrong. It's not bad, it will still turn, but I'm worried about later on. How hard / expensive is it to get a truss rod replaced? Or can you just replace the nut(??) on the top, like on the UV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 08:59 PM

You can just replace the nut that you stripped, but I don't know where you'd get it besides trying Rich.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Well Ibanez's (that just don't look right, do it?) parts catalog doesn't have that part listed seperately for the UV OR my JS700. Anyone have some advice? Would my local Ibanez dealer have more detailed info???
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Well I'm looking again and feeling too lazy to lug my axe up to the local shop. Anyone have an inside line on the nut atop my truss rod for the JS700?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 02:59 AM

Take nut off, Goto any decent Motor vehicle suppliers, Thats where i got my Eggle truss rod nut

Rob
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Cool!! Thanks for the tip!!

Tags
allen wrench , ibanez dealer , truss rod , truss rod nut

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode