Report fake jems here - Let the war against the fakes begin! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Report fake jems here - Let the war against the fakes begin!

This thead will be designated to keep an eye out for fake jems on **** or elsewhere. Post the item numbers (****) or links to the fake jems, and what action/s you have taken, preferably in the same post so we can keep the post count down and keep the thread clean and readable.

Someone please make this sticky! (or perhaps a subforum would be useful).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:09 PM

Re: Report fake jems here - Let the war against the fakes begin!

Fake seller on ****: yyzanq

Fake Ibanez's
7418182005, 7418643042, 7418655884, 7417950125, 7417512080... the list goes on...
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:36 PM

i don't think we should just say whcih ones they are, email the bastards making them and try and make them stop! i'll help do it. first we'll make a nice email(kind of) explaining that we are angry that they are passing these off as jems, and whatnot. and see what they say, and each email gets more and more aggressive.

OR, we can just go full out at them from the start.

the point is, it's at the point of rediculous, i mean, one even showed up at my own school! and i can tell you first hand that the quality is just horrible, (in other words, go buy a first act instead). so, let the revolt begin!
post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Jem#5150, the point is so we all know what they are and anyone may email them who wishes, etc.

#7418830278 is a fake and the seller is selling a LOT more fakes as well. If you view his store (http://stores.eb4y.com.cn/shuncheng8899) you will find 7 pages of fake Ibanez and Gibson and whatever other guitars he has. I've already reported him to **** and he should be out of business soon!
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 09:15 PM

Vailant effort I guess....

you got unscupulous sellers....
you got a dont-give-a-rats-ass auction company...
you got some countries where copyright means you got the right to copy....
you got a hapless manfacturer probably paying millions in bribes to keep factories and cheap labour in those same countries and can't really rock the boat.....

Maybe you should list down the seller's name instead of auctions since tend to shut down but they do re-use the name as much as possible before they just open up another account.
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 04:33 AM

nice idea but aint gonna stop them , there are to many people that jsut go to e#ay and say oh man look , they get blind to anything else and buy , there not going to look here as they dont care they see jem 100$ and go crazy. the thing is we can fill up heaps of space here with this is fake that is fake . we all know they are there and i hope most of us are ready to check real guitars out good, hey i see these every day and i will always see them till the people that run the auction sites do something (not going to happen quick). lets face it they are there and we should just leave them there
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL777
Maybe you should list down the seller's name instead of auctions since tend to shut down but they do re-use the name as much as possible before they just open up another account.
This works too, if all the sellers merchandise, or a good amount of it is fakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezial
nice idea but aint gonna stop them , there are to many people that jsut go to e#ay and say oh man look , they get blind to anything else and buy
This may be true, but maybe we can help out a few people ya know?
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 05:46 PM

[QUOTE=LLL777]
you got some countries where copyright means you got the right to copy....
QUOTE]

lmao I like that one.
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 08:09 PM

Here's the steps you need to take to Report a fake on E bay.

1) When you are viewing a listing that is a fake (even if it doesn't say it's real, but has a picture of an ibanez logo on the headstock), scroll to the bottom of the listing and click the Report this item link:

2) Fill out the counterfeit item and select continue at the bottom:

3) You will get the following page. This is where most people stop, but you haven't reported anything yet. Click on the Email us (circled link) to continue with the report item feature:

4) That brings you to this page. Your are almost finished. Click the "send" button:

5) And finally, your confirmation that you've completed the Report this item process:
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 08:18 PM

firstly it's not actually the copies that are the 'problem', it's the ppl that sell them and aren't honest about what they are(others may still be copyright infringement but it's not the problem topic you speak of in this thread)

because if someone admits what it is, and someone still buys it, that's their right and they know what they're getting into, it's a risk for them they are willing to take and it's fair. and there will always be scams whether extreme or subtle on ****, always have been, there are in every marketplace. ppl always flog things off as better than it really is.

aggresive emails to sellers will not do jack sh-t. you'll just piss em off as you would be too and they'll ignore you.
if you want to email sellers and make a difference use a lil pschological common sense, give them solutions they can use and word it as friendly advice.
for example show that **** is cracking down on fraud and that's it's really unfair to buyers who don't know what they're buying. suggest that if they state in the auction it actually is a copy, they will be far more respected and will get more buyers cos the buyers will think they are honest good sellers and those who want to go ahead and buy a copy will buy from them!

that's not just bullsh1te too, that's true in my view, there's a lot more respect for sellers who let the customer know in any way what the product actually is

and this thread is pointless, jemsiters are not the ones buying these without knowing what they really are
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Vendor

If they state it's a copy or replica, then **** will shut it down if it's reported. If it doesn't state that, **** won't do a thing usually, it doesn't know what's real or not.

The fakes are the problem. If the fakes were produced nobody would have to worry about sellers misrepresenting them.
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantoms
1) When you are viewing a listing that is a fake (even if it doesn't say it's real, but has a picture of an ibanez logo on the headstock), scroll to the bottom of the listing and click the Report this item link:
god, don't tell ppl what to do like that. if somene's gonna report fake auctions, they can make the decision themselves if they are going to report those simply with the same logo too.
do you work for ibanez or are you just their bi#ch?

there are plenty of customs around too that are RG or total customs with custom necks where the ibanez fan who owns other ibanez has put an ibanez logo/headstock shape on it even tho the neck isn't ibanez(and some of the work has been done by VERY respected builders in and out of jemsite) OH GOD call the police!! that's the EXACT same copyright infringement(even the headstock shape).
i assume you have to report them too if they ever sell their guitars EVEN if they are honest about the neck not actually being ibanez.
there are a few owners of those guitars around here on jemsite here that i think would like the chance to defend themselves mate..
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
If they state it's a copy or replica, then **** will shut it down if it's reported. If it doesn't state that, **** won't do a thing usually, it doesn't know what's real or not.
true, but doesn't make it any lesser a sad state of affairs that that's the case
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki swordsman
god, don't tell ppl what to do like that. if somene's gonna report fake auctions, they can make the decision themselves if they are going to report those simply with the same logo too.
do you work for ibanez or are you just their bi#ch?

there are plenty of customs around too that are RG or total customs with custom necks where the ibanez fan who owns other ibanez has put an ibanez logo/headstock shape on it even tho the neck isn't ibanez(and some of the work has been done by VERY respected builders in and out of jemsite) OH GOD call the police!! that's the EXACT same copyright infringement(even the headstock shape).
i assume you have to report them too if they ever sell their guitars EVEN if they are honest about the neck not actually being ibanez.
there are a few owners of those guitars around here on jemsite here that i think would like the chance to defend themselves mate..
Nobody has mentioned shutting down auctions containing custom guitars. We're talking about 100% counterfeit guitars that are represented as the genuine article. These guitars have never seen the inside of an Ibanez factory, have never been built or inspected by Ibanez workers and generate $.00 for their respective signature artist.

In my opinion, the sellers of these guitars are low-life felons who would be rounded up and jailed if they were caught selling these fakes as the real deal in a brick and mortar shop.

~Scott

p.s. - I'm not Ibanez' bi+ch and don't consider anyone else posting here as one either. Just think for a minute how you'd feel if you were ripped off by one of these con artists before you start calling other members names.
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 11:39 PM

mate, get what i'm saying first

i agree with you, the cons being focked up is what i've been saying all along. but this phantom guy is saying anything with an ibanez logo that breaches ibanez copyright should be reported too even if the seller states it's not really ibanez.
and again i say fine. but leave that whole concept up to the person about to report if they want to do it to those ppl too, don't be forcing that **** down ppl's throats. if the auction states it's not real then it's up to the buyer if he wants to get into it.

he said in another thread if it's still a breach of copyright because of the logo then it should be reported. that means customs. or else where do you draw the line?? plenty of ppl make customs just like a jem because they want one that looks the same and yeah he actually can report those when they sell them even if they admit what it is, but LGM used to copy ibanez headstocks and breach the same copyright too, we gonna ban all his old work and give him bad rep on it too? **** no

Tags
custom guitar , custom guitars , custom necks , gold trem , headstock shape , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , jack plate , monkey grip , neck joint , neck screws , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , scalloped frets , trem arm , trem plate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode