Well, a couple of weeks ago I made a mistake and bought a butchered FP. It had a coat of black paint over it that made the floral pattern barely visible... plus the neck was clearcoated in a high gloss finish and the knobs and pups colours were wrong.
Ihad to sand the black paint wthout going through the original clearcoat, but I didnt know how much of it was left since they probably sanded it to paint it over with black. It was risky but I decided to go through with it. The front ended up pretty well, the back didnt go so well but its acceptable. I bought the knobs and as soon as I meet with marianozz, it will at least have 2 pink paf pros as it should (the bridge pup is a black evo at the moment).
Im posting a coupe of pics for you to see how its comming through:
Here is the front, you can see the HUGE difference in colour in the parts were I got trhough the Black paint:
Here is the Back before I did anything to it:
And here is the guitar "finished" (its not really finished, but it is for the moment) coupled with a Custom Made Parker Fly I recently bought (I have to swap the bridge for a piezo equipped wilkinson in the next weeks):
Hope you like them.
The parker will improve a lot with the new tremolo and new knobs that will match the sperzel locking tuners it has. And I think the pink Paf Pro will also improve a lot the look of the jem.
Here are a couple of additional pics: