I'm resurrecting this thread since I'm facing this decision currently (DBK vs. VSBL), and feel like I need some help. Here's a list of pertinent differences between the two models:
VSBL vs. DBK
- Alder vs. Basswood body. Probably prefer alder, but I'm not really sure
- Evos vs. Breeds. I like a bit of softness to the tone, I may prefer Breeds. My only point of reference are the stock V7's and 8's on an RG
- Jem neck vs. Super Wizard. I definitely prefer the extra thickness of the former
- Scalloped vs. unscalloped 21->24. Prefer scalloped!
- Color & style points - I prefer the DBK's industrial look & finish
- Let's say, hypothetically, $1000 vs. $700.
This is an impossible decision. Overall I prefer the VSBL, but let's say hypothetically that a week ago I dumped $700 on a different hypothetical Ibanez deal, so I wouldn't mind saving the $300 for a couple of cases (hypothetically speaking, of course)! Which do you feel is the better value, and what other factual differences would you throw into my list?