Rich Harris -Jemdude! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Wink Rich Harris -Jemdude!

I want to publicly apologize to Rich from IBANEZRULES for recent public headbutting. We attempted a business transcation yesterday and we both interpreted the outcome, as well as each others tone differently. I made the mistake of mentioning it here in forum...not by name, but it was wrong just the same. I have a really great friend in VA who assures me that Rich is the man when it comes to all things Ibanez. So for the negativity that went out, I want to apologize to Rich and everyone here. I'm new to the site and now I'll be signing out permanently, because this wasnt a great start for me!! But I like to think alls well that ends well!! So, good vibes, all!!!!

Thanks out to Aaron_Jem_FP who did give me important info I needed, thanks dude!

Peace!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Vendor

Re: Rich Harris -Jemdude!

No need to sign off, it's a great community here. But you started off throwing a punch that wasn't going to be ignored. I'm still waiting for you to review the replies and state specifically exactly what you considered rude. Direct, to the point, and answer every question, if anybody wants any more than that then I'm in the wrong business.

I do appreciate you publicly posting this and I also apologize for the punches I threw back.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 03:48 PM

People argue with rich all the time kchammy,he deserves some of it too,and I don't think he's known for his subtle approach,more for his skills
Hang around fella
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Vendor

I'm a hot head, there's nothing subtle here. As I get older you've probably noticed I'm much more easy going than I used to be, but when somebody throws a punch I have no problem taking several just so I can get some good shots of my own in! Honestly I saw nothing that would have promted it though. Usually I know if I'm being an ass or not, because if I am it's intentional
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 04:09 PM

Kinda sad you feel the need to quite the site just because you got off on the wrong foot with some members..... Heck I got suspended my third day on here for getting into to it with a member. All water under the bridge now though.

I've dealt with Rich for a few parts and found him honest.... but very business like and a straight shooter. He'll offer no kisses or vaseline! That's his style, you either buy what he's selling or look elsewhere. Personally I appreciate that attitude. If you think he's expensive say so, but move on. Don't call anyone names just because you disagree or feel slighted in some way.

Either way...... I don't think anyone here is forcing you to stay or leave. But quiting now only makes you..... well a quitter. Either that or get beyond this issue. Ahhh.... such a dilemma!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm. I wonder if I should get Rich to fix the tore-to-hell JEM I just 3byed?

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!! He'd piss on it!!!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 04:16 PM

I'll tell you what I'm pissed about. Rich is holding out on us, cause I check the used section of Ibanez Rules daily and there ain't no 77FP up there. Quit holdin out on us Rich and post those goodies on your site so we can buy buy buy!!!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem20thlover View Post
I'll tell you what I'm pissed about. Rich is holding out on us, cause I check the used section of Ibanez Rules daily and there ain't no 77FP up there. Quit holdin out on us Rich and post those goodies on your site so we can buy buy buy!!!
I was somewhat confused too!!!!

If i had the money i'd be all over a good FP.....or DY
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

In fairness to Rich, I emailed him directly asking if he had one. He hadnt even had time tp update his site yet. I should have worked it out and bought his; the lose is mine.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 06:34 PM

I would rather deal with someone who will not cow down than someone [email protected] and then break it off in ya/
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 06:58 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem20thlover View Post
I've been updating into a .doc file so I can do the real update all at once. What happens with a partial update [and it's happened so often I know exactly what will happen] is as soon as i post 20 guitars 2/3rds of them will get bought the first week, i'll be so buried in work I'll never get a chance to finish the update. Schematics either way you look at it, but I'm slowly getting it done.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:04 PM

Kchammy, hang around Bro. No need to leave. I don't think there's anyone here that hasn't bickered with another forum goer. It's just the fact of the matter. Tons of great things here on the forum and everyone is cool in their own right! I'm sure we all welcome you to stay!

-Aaron
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 07:25 PM

Hey Kchammy, you seem like a pretty straight laced dude. I think that's pretty nice of you to make an apology.

If you dip out now, who knows what you might miss out on!
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 08:09 PM

I say go while you have the chance. If you stay, you risk the chance of meeting lots of cool people here and coming down with a bad case of G.A.S. !
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-31-2007, 08:46 PM

I'd just like to add a word on Rich's behalf. He's been very understanding with me for quite a few years now- from back when I was a Jem-noob knowing precisely nothing - to now, when I know more or less what I like and want. He's been helpful and forthright; and I'm not always the easiest to deal with- I got banned for life from a major US vintage guitar show a year or so ago (even though the ban only lasted a day...!) for being a confrontational mouthy Limey git of the first order. I WAS right, though, but both the guy concerned and I knew when to back off a little........ a good lesson for us both.

Anyway, if you're fair with Rich, he's always fair back, in my experience. Now I've got quite a few Jems and other Ibanez guitars, a lot of which came from him, and a ton of good advice into the bargain. I'll be buying from him again. His set-ups rule, in case you don't know, by the way.

So stick with it here- we're all here to learn, teach and share. No need to feel like you've got to push off.
Closed Thread

Tags
ibanez guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in