Roy Sims ripped me off on Swirl paint - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 05:03 AM Thread Starter

Roy Sims ripped me off on Swirl paint

Roy Sims....beware of this man. http://www.simscustomshop.com/
Do not do business with him. He starts out with great contact....til he has your money and your guitar. Then it becomes impossible to get him. 4 months ago I sent him the money via paypal(over 500 bucks) for him to do a swirl. Once he received the guitar and money he said he would get started the very next day. Then months went by. After not replying to any of my concerned emails he finally did with an angry email to me saying that it took up to 12 weeks to do the job. I told him that if he can't finish my guitar soon then to just send it back to me and i would pay the return shipping and give me a refund for the services. He said no refunds after that and now he hasn't responded to any other emails i sent him since. I has been almost two months since. I have never been treated this way and am still in shock. It has been over 4 months since he got my guitar and he wont email me back. I just want my guitar......if you are reading this Roy...do the right thing and I will remove this post about your company. Until then, everyone should beware of this man.
Afrim Kosovrasti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 05:27 AM

Re: Roy Sims ripped me off on Swirl paint

Patrick Sims..

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/pa...ces-88423.html

There are numberous threads on many websites that warn about simscustomshop (not the uk one). Im sorry to hear that there is no more communication with Sims. Sometimes people do get their stuff back though. Lets hope that happens to you too.

Im guessing you didnt do your homework and researched the website before you send your money and guitar to him. Not to rub salt into your wound, but research is important mate.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

sad thing is that i thought i did do my homework. sadly i went with the first review on here i found on him and it was so positive that i decided he was my guy. A few months ago i did more research on him then realized I had made a big mistake. I post this hoping no one else makes the same mistake.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 10:34 AM

Can't you report him to the better business bureau? Has anyone tried? I can't believe this guy is still in business. Just saying, but I hope you get your stuff back.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 AM

It sucks you got ripped off but reading one review on one website is not due diligence enough. You need to search their name in conjunction with words like 'scam', 'bad', etc...

Good luck getting your money back. He posts on this forum under the name LGMguitars (he bought that company from the original owner):

www.metalguitarist.org

try PMing him there. Or try his LGMguitars site and use a different name when you contact him

Last edited by Stealthtastic; 07-26-2013 at 11:25 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott 74 View Post
I can't believe this guy is still in business.
I can't, either.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 03:02 PM

Reviews: 11

Yeah, I mean how the F>{ is he still in business? Can anyone explain it? With all the issues reported, especially one I recall of a guy GOING there to confront him... Makes no sense.

(Btw, if anyone gets ripped off by him at this point, it's purely due to your own ignorance, that thread posted above is LITTERED with different sims stories, I even have one lol when you google sims custom shop, jemsite threads regarding him are the second on the list. Helen Keller probably wouldn't miss it )
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
It sucks you got ripped off but reading one review on one website is not due diligence enough. You need to search their name in conjunction with words like 'scam', 'bad', etc...

Good luck getting your money back. He posts on this forum under the name LGMguitars (he bought that company from the original owner):

www.metalguitarist.org

try PMing him there. Or try his LGMguitars site and use a different name when you contact him
He's not an active member at MG.org, and certainly not one we recommend.

Sims is a tough one... He does do legitimately exellent finish work, but like virtually everyone else doing custom work these days it seems, he's awfully flaky. That said, 4 months is actually not all that bad for a custom finish job - his communication is unacceptable, but I wouldn't give up on your guitar yet.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 03:43 PM

Is he banned on there now? Or does he just not come on?

And yeah, it sucks because his work is solid but there is no ****ing way I'd ever go near him.

When companies like Livewire, Pearle, etc...exist there is no point in risking money with Sims.

Last edited by Stealthtastic; 07-26-2013 at 03:55 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 03:48 PM

Reviews: 2

I had Guitar Guru refinish my old ESP M-II for me(now sold), and it took from June to very late September to get it back....close to four months. However, Rick Giarmo was very responsive through the whole process and never left me hanging. Just a stand up guy who does awesome work. Very professional and great communication at all times. So, four months isn't bad, but I would freak if the person doing the work had no communication skills.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

if the bastard would just reply to my emails i wouldn't be freaked out. After I saw that thread this morning posted above with almost 40 pages of SIMS bashing I feel stupid now. Hopefully no one else makes the same mistake that I (hellen keller) made
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-26-2013, 05:08 PM

Please use the master sims thread. Thanks.
Closed Thread

Tags
bmc , fake , jem , sims , swirl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode