Saw the new Trem system yesterday..... - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

Saw the new Trem system yesterday.....

Not sure if this has been covered........went to a shop in Birmingham yesterday and on a nice looking RG, I noticed a trem that was neither Lo-TRS or Lo-pro.........I assume this will be the one that replaces the TRS on JEM 555's, JS100's etc.

The trem felt great - to look at it looked similar to (dare I say it) a Kahler version of a Floyd Rose that used to be in their adverts. The string clamps at the bridge seem very long.......but it did feel good and stayed in tune superbly.

This was on a 399 RG...........

Anyway - thought you'd like to knows!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Sorry folks........just read the NAMM stuff.........seems a bit more comprehensive than what I have put here!

Sorry.....
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 07:27 AM

wow guitars with the new trems are on sale already? any idea how long the guitar has been on the shelf? would be great to know when Ibanez actually started putting the trems onto the guitars...
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 08:11 AM

Hello guys from the USA :
Take some pictures with a digital camera as soon as you can go to the next Namm show...

I just can't wait to see the "new ibanez axes" with the new tremolos!!!
JS
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdetrait
Hello guys from the USA :
Take some pictures with a digital camera as soon as you can go to the next Namm show...
http://www.ibanezrules.com/namm/2003
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 10:16 AM

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 10:40 AM

whaoo!!!! Thank you Darren!!!
I check it now!!!
JS
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 12:12 PM

I saw them... At ibanezrules.
It's amazing ... I have to get use to that new tremolo, it looks beautiful but the "old" "lopro edge" looked pretty and serious at the same time.
It's nice from Ibanez to bring us some new things sometimes... Think about the legion of "guitar makers" that only have the same old type of floyd rose tremolo system (jackson, etc...) = no innovation for almost 15 years... Ibanez tries to be different and that's a good point!
Just hope it works!!!!!!!
JS

PS : Thanks Rich... Still on the top of ibanez world!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 12:15 PM

I still can't see the point of the new trems if the Lo-Pros weren't getting any complaints. But who knows the Edge Pros may turn out to be surprisingly good...

//Me
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Whatever trem the RG that I tried had on it, the guitar as a whole felt superbly playable, and the trem felt really good.

In fact, I'm trying to raise the cash to get the very guitar I tried out as a back-up to my Jem.

If this RG is at the cheaper end of the range, the top-of-the-line stuff will be awesome.....
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 03:57 PM

The lo-pros may not have had that many criticisms, but the TRS certainly did !

Imagine if Ibanez created a new trem for the other non-JEM guitars, which had features that would be beneficial for JEM's. People would be say that the new trem should be released as a slightly higher end version.

That's what Ibanez have done, they've created a new trem and have re-vamped the old Lo-Pro.

Everyone wins this time. The lower end guitars get a hardened knife edge trem, the upper end get easily removable knife edges (Reported by Rich), and you don't have to snip your balls off to get your end locked in.

Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignorance
I still can't see the point of the new trems if the Lo-Pros weren't getting any complaints. But who knows the Edge Pros may turn out to be surprisingly good...

//Me
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 04:21 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6828
Everyone wins this time. The lower end guitars get a hardened knife edge trem, the upper end get easily removable knife edges (Reported by Rich), and you don't have to snip your balls off to get your end locked in.

The lower end EPII has the "replaceable" knives, the EP does not [but I'm sure they are replaceable if they're press fit like the LP, it's just getting the knives that's a problem]
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 08:17 PM

I think the new trems look pretty sexy. Very streamlined and neat. When you step back and actually look at 'em, Edges look like some industrial tank thing or something. I guess it was time for a visual change, more than anything. From the pics I saw, I think the JEM777SBL just looks right with the new bridge.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 10:07 PM

Quote:
When you step back and actually look at 'em, Edges look like some industrial tank thing or something.
That't the cool thing about the lopros - especially with the UVs. I think an older style UV would look bad with the new trem... just out of place.

BTW, can someone tell me how to put the authour's name where it says "Quote", like you all do.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 10:12 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryangraye
Quote:
When you step back and actually look at 'em, Edges look like some industrial tank thing or something.
That't the cool thing about the lopros - especially with the UVs. I think an older style UV would look bad with the new trem... just out of place.

BTW, can someone tell me how to put the authour's name where it says "Quote", like you all do.
You're evidently writting the code and copying instesad of hitting the quote link top right of each post?

Tags
edge pros , edge trem , floating trems , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , floyd rose tremolo , pro edge , tremolo system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode