Ibanez JEM Forum banner

scalloping my uv777bk???

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  steve 
#1 ·
Hey i have a uv777bk and it is first off amazing!!!! The only thing i wish was different was that i wish it was scalloped for the 12th to 24th fret. Would it be a bad idea to pay some one to do this. I played a jem that had it done from 20-24 and it played alot easier and i thought it sounded abit better than the ones that weren't scalloped. I prefer my uv over the jems!! What would you recommond? PEACE!

Jason Becker will always be the best!!!!

#2 ·
If you mean pay them to do it rather than u do it yourself i would say definately pay em.. you can mess up everything if you try it yourself.. If you wanted to do tha last 4 i would say go to Projectguitar.com they have a full tutorial on how to scallop fretboards... hope that helps

#4 ·
In my oppinion, I have a guitar with the last 4 scalloped frets, and one thans fully scalloped... I really couldnt tell you theres much of a difference in tone, sustain, or anything else.. I do think that theres a different feel, weird to me, but none the less different... I dont think it changes anything but the feel..

#8 ·
They're quite thin - according to LGM, they're only about .040" thick.
I've scalloped 21-24 on my UV777BK - I didn't go too deep (just the plus side of 1/32") and the inlays are completely intact... but if you do go for it, be very careful, and very minimalistic.

Re-fretting with something taller will give you a certain amount of the benefits of the scalloping... that's expensive, but won't dig into your inlays in that perilous way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.