Sell my JEM 7vwh for a JS 90th? - I get enough money for my - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Sell my JEM 7vwh for a JS 90th? - I get enough money for my

Hi

I have a JEM 7vwh now. Yesterday I came over a guy selling his JS 90th. It looks cool, color changing *and the wild pickups config. I can sell my 7vwh to a guy, and get enough money, so actually I'm just exchanging guitar. What do you think I should do? I guess I will miss the 23th and the 24th frets and the the nice neck inlay On the other hand, I can allways just buy a 7vwh, if I have money. But these 90th models are rare.

Please give me some playing and technical infos.

btw, if any of you would like to send me pics of the 90th, I'll love it!! And Rich (harris). Thanks to your site I finally found a pic on the internet. not even the http://www.satriani.com had any pics =/ but I LOVE YOU SITE!!! send pics to this adresse: [email protected]romso.online.no Thx! *

see yah l8

-michael-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 05:29 PM

Sell my JEM 7vwh for a JS 90th?

do it! *

VWHs are everywhere! *I've seem them go for under $1000 MANY times...

JS90s are more rare....hard to find...

just make sure the pickups don't have all the chrome scratched off *:biggrin:
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 05:42 PM

Rare doesn't necessarily mean "worthwhile" though. *I liked my JS90HAM. *It was a cool guitar. *But...it was identical to the JS1000, which can be had at roughly half the price! *Add to that the fact that, if you're actually going to PLAY the JS90, you'd better plan on replacing the pickups with standard black models at the risk of devaluing the guitar when the chrome paint wears off of the originals. *The only real differences between the JS90 and a regular JS1000 is the finish and the ebony fingerboard. *Neither or which can really justify a $700+ price difference, unless of course you can afford to "collect" it and aren't going to be gigging with it. *

Then, the differences between a JEM and a JS have been widely discussed in the past, but...it all comes down to them being completely different guitars. *

Bottom line is, buy whatever you're most comfortable with. *But, be prepared to shell out a few extra bucks for some new pickups if you do get the JS90
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2002, 09:12 PM

vaijem77 is right....you WILL want to replace the pickups, and other than the finish, there isn't much difference between the JS90 and the JS1000

BUT...I look at it this way... *I've seen VHWs go for as low as $850 shipped! *I've seen the JS90s go for over $1200..all that I've seen...

pick up the JS90, then start saving for another VWH, not only will you not have to save as much dough, they'll be plenty of VWHs out there for you to find, when you do have the cash *:thumbsup:

be sure to install some different pickups though, and put the chrome ones in the case!

let us know how it turns out! * *
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2002, 12:37 AM

Definitely go for the JS90HAM. *They rule! *My best friend has one. *Great looks, great tone! *Much more versatile than the VWH. *Good luck! *I hope to get one some day....
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2002, 04:17 AM

or you can buy a JS1000WH or a used JS1000 and try to get Carvin to make that color chaning finish...Or that guy that did the Donnie to Beatty's JS1000WH. Can't remember his name...but hopefully someone here will remember.

(Edited by rsvampire at 7:17 am on April 13, 2002)
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

thx for the respons!
I buy this guitar (js 90th) to play on it - home and in my 2 bands.

so you say that the crome paint of the pickups will fall off and damage the finish on the guitar? I'm from norway, so my english isnt the best

I want to add that here in norway the prices are wild! for instant cost my JEM 7v in shops $3300 new. I got mine for $1100, which you can understand is cheap, considering the new price. I saw a JS 1000wh used for $1500. Expensive. I must pay $1500 for the 90th, which is cheap. I guess I get $13-1500 for my guitar. But on the other hand I have a Parker Fly Deluxe black I can either buy it for $1800 or I can exchanged my JEM for his parker... I mailed him and ask if an exchange was ok. Hasnt got answer yet.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 09:43 AM

I have both a JS90 and a JS1000w. *They sound completely different. *For some reason the JS90 has more output (same pickup heights), *and has a more percussive/trebly sound. *My friend has a JS1000w, *and we notice the same difference with his.

It is my number one axe, *though I switch back/forth with my JEM90 too for a different set of tones.

I've rubbed alot of the chrome off the pickups - I really don't care, *the guitar still looks great, *and of course plays awesome. *I'm obviously more into playing then worrying about re-sale value.

I'm playing through a Carvin Legacy rig, *and get a ton of different tones by switching thru the different pickup options on the JS90. *I can get GREAT strat sounds thru the clean channel in single coil mode.

Hope you score one - Rich found me a great one that was MINT used.

Luther
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 12:27 PM
Ibanez endorsed

I have to say that out of all my JS guitars the JS10 and the JS90 sound the most like a JEM7VWH. So if you ike that tone then go with the JS90. The JS10 has a harsher edge to it (probably the luthite body) and the JS90 has a little of that "harshness" to it (probably the ebony fret board). I actually prefer the JS1 though. For some reason the feel, weight, sound, and balance of the guitar overall make it my favorite out of the bunch. BUT the JS90 does kick some serious butt and it looks cool to boot!!!

Rikk
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 06:36 AM

I'd take a 90'th for a VWH anyday!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 10:53 AM

I'd take it...
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 10:54 AM

--
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

this is looking good!

I almost got a sale on my JEM
Tomorrow I'll get respons from the buyer... I'm hoping he will say; I'll take it! Because then I call the guy selling the JS 90th right away and scream: I'll TAKE THE GUITAR! SEND ASAP! then hang up

I get back to you tomorrow for an updating.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

YES!

I got $1450 for my JEM Sending it tomorrow
The JS 90th is mine now. For $1400
But first I must send my guitar, then get the money, then wait for the JS to arrive.
I looking forward to getting the JS
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-2002, 12:43 PM
Ibanez endorsed

First off let me say congrats on getting $1450 for the JEM7VWH!! That is unreal!! I can get a brand new one from Guitar Center on sale for $1650.

Second off let me say that you will LOVE the looks, feel, and tone from the JS90. Its a rockin guitar and collectable to boot!!! Congrats and enjoy!!!

Rikk

Tags
coil mode , coil split , coil splitting , ebony fingerboard , ebony fret board , fret board , high pass filter , neck inlay , neck position , paf pro , parker fly , parker fly deluxe , pickup height , pull coil , strat sound

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode