Sensible price for the PMC and GMC - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Sensible price for the PMC and GMC

I have spend all my money hunting Jem's for the last three years and got fourteen so far. My goal is to get all the 7 77 and 777 with the "normal" monkey grip. And of course i miss the PMC and GMC. i know that the price for the swirls depends a lot of if it's a good swirl. I paid $ 3200 for my last Jem the
10th aniversary in very good condition. I am afraid that i will lose my head if a PMC or GMC in good condition show up. I need some of you Ibanez freaks to guide my what price i should accept if i get the chance to buy one of them. I paid $ 3100 for a nice LNG one year ago, but i am uncertain of the "right" price for the swirls. Should it cost a lot more than a LNG or 10th.

Last edited by Stensen; 01-06-2015 at 03:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 02:49 PM

Re: Sensible price for the PMC and GMC

Yes, ALOT more,

My last atd was, i still wont believe, more than 3 times your LNG.
Bought it here on jemsite ofcourse
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

I paid about 5000 USD for my last ATD in 'good' condition. Would have paid another couple of g for mint.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 03:19 PM

I paid $3500 a few years ago for a basically mint GMC but that was in the US (where prices are generally cheaper) and I also probably underpaid for the guitar. I got lucky and saw the guitar on eBay Buy It Now. A similar condition GMC sold about a year later for around $4500 I believe.

Also, the quality of the swirl will make huge differences in price. There are plenty of bad swirls that go for less than any of these prices.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Well let us hope they show up in Norway some time. I paid $ 2900 for my mint
20th Jem in Oslo. It is almost impossible to sell a Jem or other high end Ibanez guitars in Norway for more than $ 4000 unless you come up with an EVO or DNA. Paid $ 900 for my BSB from Denmark. And $ 1600 for a dead mint FP2 10 minuttes drive from my house.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-06-2015, 04:51 PM

Norway economy is quite strong that makes it easy for you to import. Not for export.
right now the usd is strong so I should wait if I was in your position.

You got your 20th extremely cheap and that's nice for you, it's not a bad looking one either!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 10:11 AM

Looks lovely! nice job!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode