Serial number on a JEM777LNG - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

Serial number on a JEM777LNG

Beeing made in `87, how come the serial on the neck plate starts with 88, was this the way they where serialed?

I just bought one and was wondering.

Thanks,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 12:27 PM
Vendor

More than likely the plate has been swapped. I've never seen an LNG with an 88' plate, and see no reason why one would be replaced by warranty [or other reason except owner had 2 Jem's apart, owner mixed up plates]
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

I just received the JEM and it`s #771. Man it is in such a bad shape i don`t know what to do. I sent the seller an e-mail asking for a refund. The hardware is all rusted beyond anything i`ve ever seen and the neck looks like it`s been submerged in water. It`s swolen and feels ruff.

I also made a complaint to paypal,wich they`re investigating. What else could i do?

Man i`m bummed.

Chris
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 12:56 PM
Vendor

Just sold on ebay by tonytatoo [or whatever he's using] listed in player condition but with a clean body.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Just sold on ebay by tonytatoo [or whatever he's using] listed in player condition but with a clean body.
That`s exactly the one, it does not state player condition, it says been played a little so the plating came off a bit. It`s not playable at all.

Here`s the exact description:

STEVE VAI JEM 777 LNG SIGNED & NUMBERED #771 This auction is for a very rare limited edition collector condition STEVE VAI JEM 777 LNG #771 each one was hand signed on the and numbered on the back of the body by STEVE VAI personally and inspected each one. There were only a limited amount of 777 black where produced by IBANEZ and this is numbered #771 just 6 away from STEVE VAIíS number #777, a very rare find . Maple fretboard ,Green/Pink/Yellow pyramid inlayís down the fret board, pink Damarizo pickupís, edge tremolo. This STEVE VAI collector CONDITION has no scratches, chips or dentís itís been played a little bit so a VERY small amount of plating has come off on the hardware and neck is lightly stained from playing(a little steel wool will take that ou) but the signature and number lookís as clear as the day he signed and numbered it in great collector shape.Fretís and fretboard are in perfect condition and guitar playís mint. A must for any serious guitar collector. NO RESERVE !!!!!CHECK OUT MY OTHER AUCTIONS FREE SHIPPING IN THE U.S THRU FEDEX !!!!!!!!!!!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS

This is not the case.

Chris
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 01:23 PM
Vendor

To me that reads player condition with a clean body
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2003, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
To me that reads player condition with a clean body
Check the pics in my other post, that`s more than player condition, it looks like it`s been underwater. It`s the neck that`s the worse, you have to feel it to know. But look at the hardware and imagine the neck.

Chris
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2004, 08:16 PM

Reviews: 1
Ebay scares the hell out of me, I purchased LNG#362 off of Rich and it came in better condition than I even hoped for. I'm sorry to hear that #771 was so rough, and I remember seeing it listed on ebay and thought it sounded ok. Player condition doesnt mean submerged in H2O though.

Larry

Tags
edge trem , fret board , maple fret , maple fretboard , neck plate , pyramid inlay , steel wool , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode