She's back, the fog has lifted ; ) - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

She's back, the fog has lifted ; )

Hey!

Okay, I got her back, after almost two weeks of waiting for my sweet FP to return, she finally came home to me. The push/pull poti is working just as I wanted, now I can split the humbuckers. Well it took so long, cause I had to bring it to the shop, because, honestly I was too stupid to solder . But then again, I still am learning in this modding section... Well I got it back on saturday actually, but as I checked the guitar at home I noticed that the tone knob kinda didn't work. You couldn't change the tone, so to speak. ANd when I pulled it just sounded like when the 5 way switch was in 2nd and 4th position without the knob pulled. So I took it back and he said, hmmm... oh, I forgot that little wire here...he soldered it back on and the tone was working fine. But for the humbuckers to be split he had to redo the soldering for some parts, because he didn't think it through enough. He was kinda estranged by the thought that the guitar had a two level 5-way switch and he had to rethink everthing. Well I suppose if you're not really a professional guitar tech I think that can happen. Well, he did the resoldering for free, so I'm cool. He's a nice guy, apologized like hell. So, now it's time to record some classy tunes .

Just wanted to let you all know, if anyone was interested like at all...

Fabe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 05:35 PM

I'm thinking about doing the same thing with my Jem. I miss being able
to coil tap the humbuckers like I do on my Satriani.

You should also test to make sure you're getting the correct pickups by
flipping the switch, and/or pulling the push-pull pot and tap the pickups
with an allen wrench to make sure the correct ones are activated.

Tags
allen wrench , coil tap , guitar tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode