A Shining Example - Nothing like a good Harrising - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2001, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

A Shining Example - Nothing like a good Harrising

Partially Harrised the DY last night. Nothing like lighter fluid to bring out a maple board. Just changes the strings, and while I had them all off (which I would never do before) I re-conditioned the board and polished the frets. That primer in Rich's site is a must for an idiot like me.

Webster's defines it as:

Har-ris (hare-is) v. *1 The process of polishing. 2 An act, or action of refining the overall value of an item (particularly a * stringed one). *3 To go over in great detail and ensure nothing is overlooked. *4 To provide valuable advice to the unknowing.

I have to get a life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2001, 08:32 PM
Vendor

A Shining Example

Quote:
Quote: from Mark DY on 2:05 pm on Oct. 6, 2001

Webster's defines it as:

Har-ris (hare-is) v. *1 The process of polishing. 2 An act, or action of refining the overall value of an item (particularly a * stringed one). *3 To go over in great detail and ensure nothing is overlooked. *4 To provide valuable advice to the unknowing.
:rotf: Good one!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 12:09 AM

A Shining Example

:rotf:
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 11:06 AM
rvj

A Shining Example

How did the lighter fluid work? Did anything unusual happen to the inlays? I'm about to do my DY as well. I'm just a little worried about ruining the pyramids. Everybody here says the lighter fluid works great. Rich's primer is very informative, as well as the tech pages here on the almighty Jemsite. Geez, maybe I need to get a life too. --rvj
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2001, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

A Shining Example

I never thought about that, but if it did anything to the inlays I'm sure someone would have said something about it in the tech section - and I just checked mine, and they're fine. *This was the second time I've done it and it does work great. Apparently, it's the naptha in the fluid that brightens it. I see that if you play alot, it doesn't take long for the board to get dark again. I think I'm gonna try using Fast Fret after each use, so the carbon corrosion on the strings won't build up and dirty the board as much (that seems to make sense).
All I did the last time was do the board and polish the frets - that makes a big difference. *

Tags
fast fret

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode