Shipping/Storage of my Jem and other Guittars - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Shipping/Storage of my Jem and other Guittars

Hi all-

I'm about to separate from the Navy from Puerto Rico and my gear (Jem 7VWH, JS1000BP, RG570BFL) are going to be handled by the shippers and then stored for up to 6 months in Norfolk. Any suggestions on how to pach each guitar in the case? (Wadded paper, strings new or old ones on each one)? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks All-
Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2002, 07:48 PM

I'd loosen all the strings to relieve the neck of the tension. i hope you have hardshell cases. and make sure to pad the head of the guitars with lots of styrofoam peanuts. I'd also try to insulate the guitars from the humidity by wraping them in plastic and bubble wrap. I might even try to shrink-wrap the entire case (with the guitar in it of course) just to be really sure, but that might be overkill.

maybe you should also get insurance on them, just in case.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2002, 01:28 PM
Vendor

I would definately store them as if they were ready to play. New strings will help keep the frets from corroding which you will see on stored guitars with cruddy strings. For shipping, if they're in UV1000 cases I always recomend putting the bodies in one of the white styro bags they ship all new guitars in these days. Tightens it up in the case and keeps the horns from tearing the case up during shipping.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 07:22 AM

you could send them to me and i'll take care of them.

maybe put those anti-humidity packets in with the case as well. what are they called? they are in the pockets of leather jackets, guitar cases, etc. look like salt packets or something.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode