Should I buy the JEM7VWH or the JEM77VBK or any you could recommend? - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Smile Should I buy the JEM7VWH or the JEM77VBK or any you could recommend?

Well I'm going through the dilema to either buy a JEM7VWH or the JEM77VBK.

They both have very similar set ups and they both sound great. The JEM7VWH is just a gorgeous guitar. The white and gold give it a classy and beautiful look. The JEM77VBK is also very appealing, I've always thought black with silver/chrome hardware go well together and gives it a more dark look, like the 7V gone evil. lol.

The problem is I already have 4 black electric guitars (Crafter Strat Copy, Jackson DKMG, Ibanez RG370DX and Ibanez JS100) out of my 6 (the other 2 are a B.C. Rich Mockingbird and a Fender Stratocaster) but I don't want my guitar to look exactly like the one Steve uses on stage and would still like one with a vine inlay. I suppose I could easily get it resprayed but sanding it down is alot of work and could be risky to altering the tone and especially after spending all that money on the guitar.

So if you could help me to recommend maybe another model of Jem with a vine Inlay so I don't need to worry about 5 black guitars or my guitar looking like what Vai uses on stage.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 01:13 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: Should I buy the JEM7VWH or the JEM77VBK or any you could recommend?

Could look into getting a custom Jem model to you own specs, check out Jaden on here.

I wouldnt ruin a brand new 7vwh though

I went for 7vwh too, i was in same position, i already had 2 black guitars and i thought if i get the 77vbk then all my guitars would be black!

If i had no guitars at the time of purchasing .. then....I still wouldnt be sure which to get
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Smile Re: Should I buy the JEM7VWH or the JEM77VBK or any you could recommend?

Yeah I was thinking about getting parts of a Jem and building my own with a custom paint job! I dunno yet but I'd like a proper Jem 1st just so I actually owned a real one then I'd get a custom one! Sounds like a good idea!

I like them both very much, I'll soon post and say which one I decided to buy!

Still more options welcome though! And thanks for your help!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 03:10 PM

Reviews: 10

ya welcome, on the upside whichever you go for you've made the right choice

its like shall i go for the stunning brunette or the gorgeous sexy blonde oh thats a bad example, i've made it sound like which girl to buy .. erm for services!

*tumbleweed*
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 04:46 PM

Reviews: 3

Sell the other 4 black guitars and buy both Jems. Sure they fit better toghether on your wall than the other four if the aesthethics are prior to you.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 05:42 PM

Used VSBL???

It has a vine
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 01:51 AM
Banned

my advice would be try before you buy.ive never played a 77vbk so cant comment, but i have a 7vwh yep there sexy guitars alright and the tone is awsome,but im not fussed on the neck if im playing a solo with big streches i have to use my 777vbk,(7vwh causes cramp in my wrist after playing a hour or so) best to try both first see what you thinks best for you.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy7jem View Post
Used VSBL???

It has a vine
Do you know anyone selling a VSBL? They are very nice 2, like the colour. They are really hard to find but I would love to own one.

I have tried both and the both feel magnificent, they just seem to gel with me, like I deinately should own one.

I can't sell my guitars I love them to much, lol, I'll eventually have both anyway and I'm gonna try customising my RG.

Thanks for your opinions though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode