Signature on My VWH - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Signature on My VWH

Steve Vai signed my guitar right below where my arm rests on the guitar when I'm playing. I touched part of the V and it came off as you can see in the pics.

I still have the exact sharpie he signed it with, so I can fix the little missing portion of the V in Vai. I am thinking of getting it cleared, i guess that's the only way to protect it if I play it. Is there another practical way I could protect it. And, if I get it cleared, can just the signature be cleared, or does the whole thing have to be cleared?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 03:53 PM

Re: Signature on My VWH

put a clear coat over it to preserve it dude
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 04:00 PM

well its on the face so... I wouldnt just clear that one spot it may look funny..

I personally wouldnt let anyone sign my instruments. Maybe a ticket if it was at a concert, or a piece of paper but I dont like the looks of a signature splayed all over the guitar.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

It's something I should have a proffesional do right?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 04:07 PM

It doesn't add to the value of the guitar for most people but if you wanted to keep it then it's fairly easy to do yourself but a pro prolly wouldn't charge you too much to just put enough on there to protect it.

Ben
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 05:06 PM

I wouldn't bother trying to touch it up before you clearcoat it...the V doesn't look that bad, and you might end up making it looking funny if you can't mock the signature just right.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 10:21 PM

^^ +1 I would just leave it without touching it up. Looks fine to me.

Paul
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezcollector
well its on the face so... I wouldnt just clear that one spot it may look funny..

I personally wouldnt let anyone sign my instruments. Maybe a ticket if it was at a concert, or a piece of paper but I dont like the looks of a signature splayed all over the guitar.
Looks like we're on the same boat. I too wouldn't let anybody sign on my guitar no matter how much I admire em.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2006, 11:08 PM

I noticed the spot missing in the letter "V". Oh well, still looks cool, i'd put a coat of clear on it if you want to preserve it.

Tags
clear coat , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode