signed guitar at 1600$$$ - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 06:22 AM Thread Starter

signed guitar at 1600$$$

ok the guitar in question is no less than a grx20 , this is valued at 399 rrp here in aus, this means that you would likley get it for 350. I was recently in Perth and saw one of these signed by Steve Vai and the price tag was a whopping 1600$$$ now that seems a whole truck load of cash to much for just a signature, ok on a Jem maybe it could add a little but come on how much more to the bottom of the price range can you get ? I guess what do you expect from the same shops that stock signed footie posters for extreme amounts.

Oh just in case someone is looking to get one of these then let me know (some people have way to much cash and not much sense) and i will tell you just where the shop is (i dont expect to hear from any of you guys). For the price of this you could nearly get a great Rg prestige here and forget about the signature, or just wait till Steve does a signing again here in Au and go along with your own guitar and get that signed.

Just wanted to share this
ps sorry about posting here just seemed the best place
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 02:15 PM

Re: signed guitar at 1600$$$

Bez,

Unless it was signed by Jesus with a COA it would not make a grx20 a good deal at Au$1600!!!

If you want, I'll sell you a jem for 1600 and throw in a free magic marker!!!

In serious mode.... Steve signs many guitars, so it doesn't really do much for the value.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 05:23 PM

You think that's rediculous? Just check out this fender squier signed by Green Day that went for 12,000 dollars in an auction. http://www.kroq.com/auction/ The money wen't to the people who got caught in that tsunami but it still seems like alot for a squier.

Last edited by Jebus; 02-01-2005 at 05:54 PM.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Unless it was signed by Jesus with a COA it would not make a grx20 a good deal at Au$1600!!!

If you want, I'll sell you a jem for 1600 and throw in a free magic marker!!!
rotfl,, i will buy the jem for 1600, you can keep the marker
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 09:13 PM

Quote:

I could use an electric signed and endorsed by Christ, ... and then, maybe my tone would sound more Heavenly. I was just wondering if Jesus prefers 7 strings?????????

Jeremy
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 11:21 PM

i saw a korn signed grx720 a while ago, going at some insane number of a price, they were saying it was a k7. ha ha
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

some people think that we guitar players are dumb i think. I guess if you are a real autograph collector then you may pay a little over the top , like to see someone fit a guitar in autograph book

I will play and collect guitars till i have enougth cash to fritter on a bit of writing on a guitar . hey we pay enought for the Ibanez signature as it is

Tags
guitar players , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode