Soliciting Advice...against my better judgement - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
#69 out of 70? Pffft...if you want uncommon, try to pick up a nice RG-GEAR, or an RG-ARCH...or and RG-GOLD1.

It's nearly impossible to go to a show in Denver and not see a PRS, but I'm quite positive I'm the only here with an RG-GEAR.
And what about Shawns?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Ibanez endorsed

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaijem777
#69 out of 70? Pffft...if you want uncommon, try to pick up a nice RG-GEAR, or an RG-ARCH...or and RG-GOLD1.

It's nearly impossible to go to a show in Denver and not see a PRS, but I'm quite positive I'm the only here with an RG-GEAR.
I did not say just plain PRS (I can go to any show and see thousands of RG's but thats not what we are talking about either right?) A limited edition PRS (70 made total) that sells for $7,000 USED is probably a little more hard to find piece of gear wouldn't you say? People who buy those dont usually tun around and sell them at all. And I have seen allot of the hard to find RG's on EBAY and on various for sale sites over the past few years that you have mentioned but I have NEVER seen the PRS I mentioned for sale have you? (abalone binding around the guitar, neck, and headstock, 10 top (of course), abalone vine up the neck).

Either way in the end......... AGAIN....... the best advice is to sit down and play both guitars. Unless you plan on just hanging them on the wall for show you will want something to play on right? So sit down with the guitars and choose the best feeling/sounding one. Thats all the advice anyone can really give. Every guitar plays different (even the same make/model) and some people's "awesome feeling guitar" is another's "nasty feeling guitar".

If this is just a wall hanger and you ont care how it plays, then base your judgement off of collectibility which would make it the RG. If you are actually going to use the guitar, then try them both out and then make your choice.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 02:27 PM

Shawn's quite a ways from Denver. Besides- his has never left the confines of his basement.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 02:35 PM

I would say, if you have the opportunity, and the means, and you're trying to decide between BFP or ART, get the ART, for the simple reason that you see BFP's pop up more often. They aren't quite as rare a breed. Having said that, I don't really like either one LOL!!!!!!!
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlegreenman
I would say, if you have the opportunity, and the means, and you're trying to decide between BFP or ART, get the ART, for the simple reason that you see BFP's pop up more often. They aren't quite as rare a breed. Having said that, I don't really like either one LOL!!!!!!!
not pink enough?
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 02:45 PM
Ibanez endorsed

lol Yes for rarity sake (especially if this is just going to be a wall hanger) go for the ART.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 02:53 PM

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealk
or an RG-EGYPT!!
Yeah... THAT'LL happen...

I like both, but I think the RG-ART would win if I had an opportunity for either at the same time.

I love the plain maple neck... simple= good

Bamm
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Cheese and Crackers, fellas...not tryin to be a home wrecker here.

I've got some time before I can pull the trigger, and I'm not sure if the Art is even available any longer...we'll see.

Still a tough call no matter how you slice it. Thanks for all the input.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 08:25 PM

bfp, its a JEM.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 10:14 PM

I'd say ART for the reasons mentioned above...
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 10:30 PM

why not buy both?
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL777
why not buy both?
I'd assume that since he asked for our opinion, getting both is not possible...Otherwise we just wasted a whole lot of bandwith for nothing

(900 posts )
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 01:01 AM

yeah, I was being cheeky and trying to save bandwidth.....afterall aside from being made by Ibanez, what they these 2 guitars have in common???
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL777
yeah, I was being cheeky and trying to save bandwidth.....afterall aside from being made by Ibanez, what they these 2 guitars have in common???
They both have maple boards...that's where similarities end i think...
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-10-2003, 05:01 PM

I think the ARt wins hands down. I have only played one for about 3 minutes but the beauty and craftsmenship alone win my vote. The bfp is a great guitar but sometimes you need something that doesnt scream steve vai! It also seems that there is more of a abundance of bfp compared to art's.

Tags
abalone binding , abalone vine , custom shop , dave weiner , fender custom shop , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , jackson custom shop , jem bfp , les paul , les paul custom , maple neck , maple necks , mounted pickups , pickup combo , sounding guitar , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode