some cool jem idea's - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

some cool jem idea's

I've been looking at different paint jobs for a jem but i can never decide on one and i have to decide on the paint before i get the neck cause i have to have a matching vine!! plz help maybe tell me some of your dream jem idea's. I was thinking maybe a jem that looks like his badhorsie guitar on the front page http://www.vai.com/ a black guitar with white binding or something, just have like an abalone vine. i guess thats kinda like a 10th anniversary tho lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 10:44 PM

Re: some cool jem idea's

Go with something TOTALLY different if you are doing a custom job.

I'd like to see a nice red JEM with an ebony board with maybe a red or abalone vine with abalone binding.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2006, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

kinda like red lace?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 03:18 AM

like says waylay00, if you want make a custom jem you try something different... not a simply jem copy.

i am building 4 or 5 jem projects and they are very differents than original jems.

you can try a preview with kisekae website:
http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/kisekaeE1.asp -> KISEKAE Virtual Guitar Modeling System.

regards.

(sorry for my english)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 03:39 AM

Well here's something I came up with while daydreaming about the JEM 20th:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst and rain View Post
It could be a beautiful shade of purple, that would differ slightly depending on how the light would hit it. It could have a white pearloid pickguard and gold hardware. Matching headstock with white Ibanez logo. And white disappearing pyramids in the neck. And then purple pickup coils. That, for instance, would be really cool. Kind regards,
Myst and rain
That might be cool. Also, there is a sticky thread where people post photoshop pictures of JEMs they imagined. Check it out:

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45623

Kind regards,
Myst and rain
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2006, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniJem View Post
like says waylay00, if you want make a custom jem you try something different... not a simply jem copy.
that is why i started this thread tho, i dont want something that looks like any other jem but also something that fits my style so im just browsing some concepts and that photoshop page gave me the idea to do a space jem but every1 i ask cannot airbrush this, also i did ask sims and he says its out of his skill level.

Tags
abalone binding , abalone vine , custom jem , ebony board , jem project , pearloid pickguard , white pearloid pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode