Something more about non-standard Ibanez JEM 555 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By peromucho7
  • 1 Post By peromucho7
  • 1 Post By peromucho7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2021, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Question Something more about non-standard Ibanez JEM 555

Hello,

I have Ibanez Jem 555, made in Korea in 2008. Also, I have confirmation from Ibanez Europe and Ibanez USA that the guitar is original, but there are a few things that confused me, because I did not find the information on the internet.

1. On the guitar headstock is only JEM logo instead of JEM Jr, and guitar from 2008. not from 1994.

2. The color of the headstock is slightly yellow, and the color of the body is completely white.

I think that non-standard for this guitar from 2008. The salesman told me the guitar had been ordered to the United Kingdom market. That the customer wanted certain changes from standard model, like JEM 7 pickguard and better neck like a Prestige model. Is that possible?

Does anyone know anything more about this?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2021, 10:59 AM

Re: Something more about non-standard Ibanez JEM 555

I already post you link from wikia.
so if you didn't read it,

JEM555 is actually much better then the
Jem Jr which is usually JEM333,

so JEM555 do not need junior (Jr) designation,

JEM 555 is produced 1994-2015, I do not understand why you insist that guitar has to be from 1994,

with age, clear coat exposed to light start to yellow,
so a lot of white guitar with years become cream,
( blue become green or similar),

some manufactures,
like Ibanez with Jem guitars,
use uv-resistant clearcoat to prevent yellowing,
so your guitar is fine

neck is not Prestige, it is most likely original Jem555 neck with half tree of life, like suppose to be,

and white pearloid pickguard is correct as well,

pickups should be Dimarzio evolution like on prestige JEM,

and if you want to change tremolo, replacment is edge pro, ( this is edge pro 2).
Damjan likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2021, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Poštovanje,

hvala na odgovorima, zalaganju i trudu. Pročitao sam još prvi put šta piše na linku koji ste postavili. Odnosno, pročitao sam i ranije šta piše na tom, kao i na drugim sličnim linkovima, dok sam malo više istraživao i raspitivao se. Što se tiče oznake, na ovom linku koji ste poslali piše da samo gitara proizvedena prve godine ima oznaku JEM, a da sve kasnije proizvedene imaju oznaku JEM jr, iako se radi o modelu 555, pa je to ono što me najviše buni. To piše u pretposlednjoj rečenici u ovom uvodnom delu. Hvala za informacije vezano za boju, to sam i pretpostavljao u neku ruku, mada mi je bilo čudno što je samo glava požutela, a telo ostalo belo, ali je moguće da se radi o drugačijoj farbi i premazima.

Hvala još jednom i veliki pozdrav iz Srbije!

Damjan
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2021, 01:08 PM

No problem. You have great guitar.
IIRC that JR designation is market dependet.
There is also posibilty that someone scrap it out, hence more yellow headstock then body, but neck looks original.
Damjan likes this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damjan View Post
Poštovanje,

hvala na odgovorima, zalaganju i trudu. Pročitao sam još prvi put šta piše na linku koji ste postavili. Odnosno, pročitao sam i ranije šta piše na tom, kao i na drugim sličnim linkovima, dok sam malo više istraživao i raspitivao se. Što se tiče oznake, na ovom linku koji ste poslali piše da samo gitara proizvedena prve godine ima oznaku JEM, a da sve kasnije proizvedene imaju oznaku JEM jr, iako se radi o modelu 555, pa je to ono što me najviše buni. To piše u pretposlednjoj rečenici u ovom uvodnom delu. Hvala za informacije vezano za boju, to sam i pretpostavljao u neku ruku, mada mi je bilo čudno što je samo glava požutela, a telo ostalo belo, ali je moguće da se radi o drugačijoj farbi i premazima.

Hvala još jednom i veliki pozdrav iz Srbije!

thank you for your answers, dedication and effort.
I read for the first time what it says on the link you posted. , I have read before what it says on it, as well as on other similar links, while I did a little more research and inquired. As for the label, this link you sent says that only the guitar produced in the first year has the jem label, and that all the later produced ones have the jem jr label, although it is a model 555, so that is what puzzle me the most. It's in the last sentence in this opening section. Thanks for the color information, I assumed it in a way, although I found it strange that only the head yellowed and the body remained white, but it is possible that it was a different paint and coating.

Thanks again and a big greeting from Serbia!

Damjan
Translation
Damjan likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode