sorry, I sell my JEM 7v for a Parker fly - wouldn't you do i - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

sorry, I sell my JEM 7v for a Parker fly - wouldn't you do i

Hi

I am very close to sell my 7v for a Parker Fly Classic. I get $1600 for my 7v, and I pay $2200 for the Parker.
Downsides with 7v:
- 5 way switch, I only use neck, brigh and neck splited with s-coil.
- looooud output, u miss the coil splitting, you got no clean sound.
- whammybar is hard to use, or not really, but after using the parker whammy... lol

upsides:
- neck, I don't need to say anything more..
- design...
- lion claw and monkey grip

then the parker:

upsides
- piezo
- 3 ways switch
- nice clean sound
- whammy... many modes to it... =)

it allways been ibanez, but no longer...
what do you think about it?

-mike-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 10:13 AM

sorry, I sell my JEM 7v for a Parker fly

Sounds like a bad idea to me. The Parker is surely a fine instrument, but living without a JEM...
Conclusion: Get em both :biggrin:
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Personally I don't ever use a Piezo output from an electric guitar. I've always preferred to get a clean electric sound to emulate an acoustic tone rather than go for a true Electro Acoustic sound. As such I wouldn't consider a Piezo pickup to be an advantage to a guitar.

I think rather than sell the JEM, if I didn't want the versatility of the 5 way switch, and preferred the ease of use of a simpler system, I'd probably get a scratchplate made by either a local guy or by someone like Jeannie's Pickguards, with 2 Humbuckers and a switching option more suited to my needs.

So in answer to the question...

No I wouldn't sell a JEM7VWH to get a Fly.
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 10:51 AM
rvj

Are you kidding? My 7VWH is the reason why I never played my Parker. Everytime I would go to play, I would immediately grab the "Vine". Therefore, Mr. Parker just sat there. The Jem just felt and sounded better, and also suited my tastes. I sold my trans-blue Parker Fly Classic to buy my DNA. --rvj
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 11:07 AM

OMG He sold his Jem for a Parker!!! Armageddon!!!!!
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 12:12 PM

That sort of thing isn't supposed to be posted on this forum unless you want a war! :angryfire:
Just kidding...it's your decision...I'd never part from my Jems that's for sure
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 12:46 PM

To be honest, I wouldn't have done this. *I've had 3 Parkers - I like 'em but I think the VWH is more comfortable and every bit as nice (except for the fretwork). *You got a good price for your JEM so no biggie there, but you overpaid by like $1000 for the Parker. *If you can't get a good clean sound with the JEM, just lower your pickups and/or turn your guitar volume and tone knobs down. *If you couldn't live without a piezo than so be it, but the VWH is such a sweet guitar. *I doubt I'll ever sell my VWH, but I sold all 3 Parkers. *To each his own! *BTW, I like my EB/MM JP better than the Parker too, so I've got the piezos covered.

Enjoy the Parker,
G
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 03:00 PM

Hey, another norwegian, haven't noticed you before
I've never tried a parker, andVWH's are amazing guitars... As said, I've never tried a Parker, but I've read a lot of nice stuff 'bout it... I'd go for it, if you like the Parker better! I'd never part with my JS, but thats another guitar, and story!

(Edited by satch at 3:02 pm on Mar. 8, 2002)
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 03:02 PM

I wouldn't part with a 570 for a Fly much less a 7VWH.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 03:37 PM

Do it if you want. Its no problem cause the VWH is in production and you can purchase another if you want,when you recognize you made a mistake.
But i would never do it with a JEM out of production.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

I forgot to say some things.
First of all, the JEM 7v is no problem to get in Norway. I get a new for $1900.
In norway it's only been sold 5-10 new Parker Fly guitars... therefore I'm very interested in the Parker. I can always buy a new 7v. (then I got the money.....)
And doing personal mod to the 7v, NO! I like it orginal... don't u?

But anything is that is parker is directmonted pikcups and neck-tru... amazing sustein... uuuhh... I forgot how it's written ;D but the point is that you get both Gibson sust because of neck-tru, and additional you get the Petrucci sust... you get both amazing sound, if you ask me...

I visited the dimarzio homepage... the 2 pickups on parker is:
brigde - it is based on the The Tone Zone... very good pickup
neck - air norton... PETRUCCI!!! tihi... you know how good it is...

but to all of you how haven't jet tested the Parker - get your ass up and try one... I called the guy selling it just for fun... it has always been Ibanez... after 10 min of playing on the Parker, I looked up... my eyes were difused. I didn't have words. Then I looked at my JEM, the floral neck, damn was the first though... After 30 min testing the Parker... now been all from Bluesy stuff to DT/Vai... then I took the piezo on... started playing all tunes... and I has totaly blown away! So it took 30 min of played, then for the first time I considered to sell the JEM. And in 48 hours I must have made up my mind...

Anyone of you who can get me a Parker Fly Classic cheaper? Remember shipping to norway

-mike-
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 06:45 PM

Reviews: 5

enjoy the new guitar
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 12:33 AM

Parkers are cool. *Jems are cool. *Try getting both! *:thumbsup:
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 03:35 AM

Parkers are nice guitars, almost as nice as JEMs. But trade a JEM7VWH for a Parker... NO WAY!

But that is just my opinion.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-09-2002, 06:50 AM

You need to take into consideration that you are asking this question at jemsite. We're not exactly neutral so you might like to ask the question at a general guitar discussion board too for more opinions.

I tried a fly a while ago and the neck can't match the JEM neck. For that reason alone I would never trade a JEM for it.

Tags
air norton , clean tone , coil split , coil splitting , darren wilson , electric guitar , ibanez guitars , jem neck , monkey grip , neck split , parker fly , parker fly classic , piezo pickup , pro edge , steve morse , steve vai , tone zone , trem guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode