Starting to regret sale - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 04:06 AM Thread Starter

Starting to regret sale

Starting to regret sale. I just sold my Jem 10 on ebay for 2,325 which is a little more than I paid for it and it had a couple dings on the back and my son destroyed the cert. Thats beside the point. I loved playing it. I have another great gibson guitar that I put Dimarzio Tone Zones in and the sound is to die for w/great sustain but its heavy and doesn't feel as good when I play it. I'm in a metal band and it was great wowing the crowd with a solo from the flashy Jem. Here is my trade off. I am getting a Kurzweil k2600xs 88 key keyboard workstation and I've heard that it kicks the **** out of the Korg Triton. It has a sampler and a vocoder. It can be used with guitars to layer effects and synth sounds. To wrap it all up, I can buy a brand new one for 1,299 and it still sells for over 5,000. I know I've come to the wrong place for sympathy but I had to get it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 04:31 AM

I've come to the conclusion that I'll never sell a guitar anymore cos' I always end up regretting it. I have three guitar now (2 JEMs, Peavey Wolf) and that's enough, but if I see a 777LNG in great shape I'm gonna want it. Since I'm a student I wouldn't be able to buy it unless I sell one of the others, then I'll have a BIG dilemma cos' I love my present ones.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 12:16 PM

I sold my JEM10 a couple months ago, and I still feel sick everytime I see a pic of one. You can't drown the pain of losing a JEM10 with a keyboard....it just won't work.....but a custom swirled 7 string might do the trick....I'll let you know
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 01:04 PM

Hehehe
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 01:07 PM

Am I the only one wondering why a Jem for a keyboard for a guy in a metal band is a good trade.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 02:11 PM

No
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I've come to the conclusion that I'll never sell a guitar anymore cos' I always end up regretting it ................. Since I'm a student I wouldn't be able to buy it unless I sell one of the others, then I'll have a BIG dilemma cos' I love my present ones.

my exact situation
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 06:19 PM

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 07:40 PM

Reviews: 4
Ha! I feel NO remorse for selling my Jem. Of course, it was a 555, but still a Jem!

I feel for you man. But really, what were you thinking? I would give my right arm to own either a 10th or a DNA. Of course, then I couldn't play it, but it looks so cool.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-25-2003, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0rn
Am I the only one wondering why a Jem for a keyboard for a guy in a metal band is a good trade.
Some good examples:
http://www.lasercompany.com.br/records.htm

Well, maybe not good for trading a F***n Jem10 but still good example of the way keyboards have become almost as much of a nessesity in metal as guitar.

Seriously, I could still get a Jem again. And it was a great deal for the keyboard. sob sob.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 01:51 AM

Did anybody else go to that URL? Hmm.............weird site.........I can't get it to do anything. Are these metal bands with keyboards? Is that what you're saying?
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2003, 02:58 AM

Re: Starting to regret sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wblyheaded
Starting to regret sale. I just sold my Jem 10 on ebay for 2,325 which is a little more than I paid for it and it had a couple dings on the back and my son destroyed the cert....To wrap it all up, I can buy a brand new one for 1,299 and it still sells for over 5,000
Please tell me how you manage to make such nice profits from your sales. I'm very curious
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2003, 07:42 AM

i don't sell anything unless i totally know it's time. sounds like you had to do what you had to do. i had to sell a jem once, that i really didn't want to sell but i needed a 3rd camera for a production shoot we had to undertake. the camera will make me way more money than another jem will so the decision was easy, especially since it was a jem i could buy again. it took me over a year to decide on selling one of my fav guitars but when i finally decided to do it, i was ready to do it and still no regrets to this day. regrets are the worst! you can always make more money but you can't get back the past.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 09:21 PM

Re: Starting to regret sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wblyheaded
I know I've come to the wrong place for sympathy but I had to get it out.
Ugh.

Trust me: you've come to the exact right place bro'. Let me repeat:

Ugh.

I know that if I sell my Jem 10 I can sort out a few financial worries, but man I also know that if I sell my Jem 10, I'll regret it forever. You probably don't want to hear this, but I've said it before and I'll say it forever more...it's the ultimate Jem, dammit the ultimate guitar. Looks to make a male model whimper, playability like butterscotch blended with marshmallows (what?), tone like mana from heaven.

It's the definitive guitar art statement.

I feel sickened to the core reading your post, I feel SO SORRY to hear that you've sold it. I hope another one comes your way soon.

No, you can't have mine. I love you dude, but not that much.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-07-2003, 11:42 PM

I've hemmed and hawed over Jems for years....never managed to pony up the cash for anything but a UV777BK....and even that took a decent amount of prodding from my wife to "just buy it so I don't have to hear about it". In my mind though I could easily see unloading just about any of them for a good enough reason....except for the Jem10. If I had to choose one to hang onto for life it'd probably be a Jem10....

But the thing to remember is that it's a guitar....and there are others....and inevitably we can kind of hope that Steve and Ibanez will one day put something together that'll blow the Jem 10 out of the water...it's just a matter of time.

So...either start the hunt for a new one or put a little cash away now and again and be prepared to have your socks knocked off with what they come up with.

Tags
custom swirl , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode