STEER CLEAR of LNG on e B a y! - Page 3 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 03:44 AM

Re: STEER CLEAR of LNG on e B a y!

Rich,

I can always delete the post if you see that this is as inappropriate, as mentioned, you had my respect because you are clearly a very knowledgeable man. And i'm not here to burn any bridge.

Fong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 03:47 AM
Vendor

You should have thought about that before posting it. You could have just REPLIED to the email, but you decided to make it public instead.
post #33 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 03:55 AM

Dont let this thread degenerate into personal attacks and threats please
post #34 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 03:58 AM

Rich,
I did my bit and I do apologize for that, but as mentioned, you had/have my deepest respect but that email REALLY got me spinning. You are known be to an upfront sort of person, therefore, i posted that up here. And you have proved that you are still that upfront person which i heard and knew of.

I do hope that this doesn't destory my chances of getting an ibanez from you in the future.

Fong
post #35 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 04:00 AM
Vendor

For future reference, this is how it should be handled. Always nice to warn your friends [with proof], but the world is allot bigger than this forum.

Report a listing policy violation or prohibited (banned) item > Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, you didn't receive item, etc) > The problem you're having with fraud isn't listed

Member or Item being reported: 7370342434

Message: In the auction the seller is fraudulently listing the guitar, especially it's condition. He bought it on **** less that a month ago from auction 7362488332 as shown in his feedback. The neck was broken off and repaired, the body was stripped and refinished, all of which is omitted from the current auction where he claims it's in 9.5 condition, with no mention of restoration. Here is the sellers own page about the restoration
http://2legacy.com/jem777/
not mentioning any of this is outright fraud and far beyond caveot emptor. This auction should be closed immediately.
post #36 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 04:01 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleonfong
Rich,
I did my bit and I do apologize for that, but as mentioned, you had/have my deepest respect but that email REALLY got me spinning. You are known be to an upfront sort of person, therefore, i posted that up here. And you have proved that you are still that upfront person which i heard and knew of.

I do hope that this doesn't destory my chances of getting an ibanez from you in the future.

Fong
Sorry, but not only inappropriet, it rubbed me the wrong way, hard, like a bad wedgie!! It's under the bridge now so let's let it die.
post #37 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 04:04 AM

I have to agree with Rich here, the fraud alert was based purely on circumstantial evidnece and was completely absurd. Had someone not found out through the feedback that this was the same one, this could have been a perfectly honorable seller, but just forgot or was too naive to include which one of the 777s it was, and lost the case or it was damaged. Now that we have some solid evidence that it is the same guitar, now we can alert others of the undisclosed infomation such as the neck repair and refinish, and hopefully somebody will file a report to ****. Jemboyee we're not burning you at the stake or anything, but this sort of thing just cannot happen.
post #38 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 06:33 AM

Although I think there is some evidence now that it is the same guitar , somebody could do some fishing and ask the seller some questions.. Like how long ago the frets where replaced?
Is there any photos of the Steve Vai Signature on the back of guitar?
Any photos of the back of the neck/headstock?

etc..etc...

I don't even have an evilbay account, or I'd go in there myself and ask.
post #39 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
So you would claim somebody was commiting fraud by the thinest of clues found between that page and the auction copy, without the feedback proof?! You're one post away from a libel suit the next time you're wrong

If you're going to accuse somebody of fraud you'd better well have some proof to back it up. Like I said, the feedback is the ONLY proof, at this point. Guaranteed the guy has done allot of reading here and is most likely a member.

The big question, did you just run here or did you actually file the report with E-BAY where it might do some good by having it closed?
I pointed you in the direction. If I hadn't seen his feedback I wouldn't have posted this. It wasn't so heard to go through his whopping 8 feedback scores, was it? Jeesh.

Oh yeah, "a lot" is two words, not one (allot).
post #40 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 10:42 AM

I knew exactly what you meant jemboyee....it took me a whole 30 seconds to look through his feedback & confirm it was the same guitar. God, some people...
post #41 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemboyee
I pointed you in the direction. If I hadn't seen his feedback I wouldn't have posted this. It wasn't so heard to go through his whopping 8 feedback scores, was it? Jeesh.

Then you should have fully answered the question when it was asked instead of being so vague about it. Some people have to work for a living and type with one finger while they do. If you're going to make a case for fraud, make the case, don't leave a trail of crumbs
post #42 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
For future reference, this is how it should be handled. Always nice to warn your friends [with proof], but the world is allot bigger than this forum.

Report a listing policy violation or prohibited (banned) item > Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, you didn't receive item, etc) > The problem you're having with fraud isn't listed

Member or Item being reported: 7370342434

Message: In the auction the seller is fraudulently listing the guitar, especially it's condition. He bought it on **** less that a month ago from auction 7362488332 as shown in his feedback. The neck was broken off and repaired, the body was stripped and refinished, all of which is omitted from the current auction where he claims it's in 9.5 condition, with no mention of restoration. Here is the sellers own page about the restoration
http://2legacy.com/jem777/
not mentioning any of this is outright fraud and far beyond caveot emptor. This auction should be closed immediately.
Well said.
post #43 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 03:17 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

^^ bingo. it's nice to get reports such as this (before the thread got derailed), but they need to be clear, concise and without confusion ...glen
post #44 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 04:52 PM

I see the seller has updated/added some information about the guitar, as well as some more pictures.
Still no mention of the neck being broke at one time, but admits to a new paint job, and the fact it would make a great player guitar.
Does the shape of the neck, where it meets the headtock look odd to anyone? Almost squared off look to it.
post #45 of 294 (permalink) Old 11-28-2005, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Still makes me sad to this butchered LNG .

Regards

André
I agree. Poor LNG, going thru all this s-h-i-t!

Tags
acoustic guitar , alder bodies , arm holder , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , fret board , guitar body , guitar shop , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez pickups , jem neck , korean guitar , les paul , les pauls , loch ness green , lock nut , locking nut , maple fret , maple fret board , maple neck , monkey grip , neck joint , neck plate , neck thru , nut pads , playing guitar , steve vai , strap button , strap buttons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode