Steve Vaiís Guitar Collection Updated - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 09:44 PM

Re: Steve Vaiís Guitar Collection Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtallica View Post
not sure how I missed that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluewookieJim View Post
There are some awesome guitars there for sure...

This is my favorite, hands down:

Then this one...
Very good taste in green guitars! I've always loved the LNG but this first one is so cool. Wow.

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Given To Fly View Post
This guitar is the one that caught my attention:

This would actually be the most ďpracticalĒ guitar in some musical situations mainly due to the quarter-tone fretboard/Edge bridge and Sustainer. There are not many guitars like this available for good reason. But there some reasons that would really benefit from such an instrument.

Vantablack is really cool. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vantablack
Ibanezí attempt at imitating Vantablack missed the mark but created a nice color none the less. The idea has been proposed before, Iím glad Ibanez chose to pursued it.
Another damn nice guitar! Mis-stated that there are 24 frets per octave but it's actually 16, which makes me really curious as to what it's going to sound like when he gets around to actually playing it.

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtallica View Post
This one?
Nice find! Love it and it's fully featured too I see.

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 04:50 AM

Wow!

post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 04:57 AM

Okay, just one more, but this being the first JEM ever should have been in the first post! Here it is, with its present neck and the original being held by one of the roadies.

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 09:34 AM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
Okay, just one more, but this being the first JEM ever should have been in the first post! Here it is, with its present neck and the original being held by one of the roadies.

Ibanez must release that 777VLNG; it would have been *the perfect* 30th ann. The OMC would be a great swirl reissue also along with the 77 pyramid FP and the Bad Horsie.

Among other things I miss Neville and the PAW Universe in the collection.
jono, pteropid and Hoseki like this.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vy100 View Post
Ibanez must release that 777VLNG; it would have been *the perfect* 30th ann. The OMC would be a great swirl reissue also along with the 77 pyramid FP and the Bad Horsie.

Among other things I miss Neville and the PAW Universe in the collection.
Surprised they didn't just do that, re-release the LNG in a limited run. I've also thought that the FP should never have been discontinued, and offering it up with the pyramids would have been great too.
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Another damn nice guitar! Mis-stated that there are 24 frets per octave but it's actually 16, which makes me really curious as to what it's going to sound like when he gets around to actually playing it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_...l_temperaments

There should be a MIDI example on the right side. It may or may not be helpful to you.
Hoseki likes this.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 04:02 PM

Reviews: 3

I have also noticed important missing guitars that have not been included:

1. The PAW UV that now belongs to Thomas McRocklin.
2. Neville, Mike Keneally’s G3 natural finish guitar.
3. 1992 catalog Jem 77PMC; Steve used it during the Bad4Good era in some live shows; there are pics on the internet about it. Now it belongs to fellow Jemsiter Rich, along with other catalog (and non catalog) ATD swirled Jems and UV.
4. The catalog ATD Jem 2K DNA prototype (no blood on the paint) that Steve loaned to Guitar Center and later auctioned for Cliff Cultrieri’s benefit.
5. The Jack Butler’s Charvel-Jackson; it was loaned as part of the film atrezzo and never belonged to Steve, but it is the reason why must of us started to play guitar, doesn’t it? I think it is now at the Biloxi’s Hard Rock Cafe.

Among those, other *minor* guitars not included that deserve some atention are:

6. The Jem 777VDY that Steve played in the 1992 Zappa’s tribute; he played Sofa and won his first grammy with her; I think it was the one he auctioned 3-5 yr ago.
7. During the S&R era, there are many studio pics with a 777VBK, a 7PBK and the pyramid Bad Horsie guitar along with a hard-tail prototype. All of these guitars are included but the 777VBK; I have several posters of him playing it circa 1992-1993 era.
8. The Jem 77BFP prototype; it had a different blue floral pattern than the production ones and I think it is closer to the pattern on today’s Premium guitars.
9. The BC Rich (double neck) stated in the PAW book.
pteropid and Hoseki like this.

Last edited by vy100; 02-26-2019 at 05:21 PM.
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 05:22 PM

DNA's aren't top shelf, the best he sold to an Italian friend.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 08:26 PM
Contributor

I have a Jerry Jones Master Sitar. I bought it just because I saw it in a store, then later saw that both Vai and Satriani have the same one.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Very good taste in green guitars! I've always loved the LNG but this first one is so cool. Wow.
I may or may not have a thing for green guitars...

pteropid and Hoseki like this.
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 03:41 PM
Contributor

Are those Everything Axe pickups in your strats? I was considering those at some point

Last edited by OCDemon; 02-27-2019 at 03:42 PM. Reason: typo
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 05:17 PM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vy100 View Post
I have also noticed important missing guitars that have not been included:

1. The PAW UV that now belongs to Thomas McRocklin.
2. Neville, Mike Keneallyís G3 natural finish guitar.
3. 1992 catalog Jem 77PMC; Steve used it during the Bad4Good era in some live shows; there are pics on the internet about it. Now it belongs to fellow Jemsiter Rich, along with other catalog (and non catalog) ATD swirled Jems and UV.
4. The catalog ATD Jem 2K DNA prototype (no blood on the paint) that Steve loaned to Guitar Center and later auctioned for Cliff Cultrieriís benefit.
5. The Jack Butlerís Charvel-Jackson; it was loaned as part of the film atrezzo and never belonged to Steve, but it is the reason why must of us started to play guitar, doesnít it? I think it is now at the Biloxiís Hard Rock Cafe.

Among those, other *minor* guitars not included that deserve some atention are:

6. The Jem 777VDY that Steve played in the 1992 Zappaís tribute; he played Sofa and won his first grammy with her; I think it was the one he auctioned 3-5 yr ago.
7. During the S&R era, there are many studio pics with a 777VBK, a 7PBK and the pyramid Bad Horsie guitar along with a hard-tail prototype. All of these guitars are included but the 777VBK; I have several posters of him playing it circa 1992-1993 era.
8. The Jem 77BFP prototype; it had a different blue floral pattern than the production ones and I think it is closer to the pattern on todayís Premium guitars.
9. The BC Rich (double neck) stated in the PAW book.
I haven't looked through the entire collection yet. Is the PAW Universe McRocklin now owns in there? That's a super important axe I think. So cool he gave it to Thomas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluewookieJim View Post
I may or may not have a thing for green guitars...

NICE! Is this Rich's anniversary model?

Side note: Interesting how lots of people in Satriani's circle own a Donnie but Steve doesn't seem to. Hmmmm?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode