Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Valencia, Spain
Re: Steve Vaiís Guitar Collection Updated
I have also noticed important missing guitars that have not been included:
1. The PAW UV that now belongs to Thomas McRocklin.
2. Neville, Mike Keneally’s G3 natural finish guitar.
3. 1992 catalog Jem 77PMC; Steve used it during the Bad4Good era in some live shows; there are pics on the internet about it. Now it belongs to fellow Jemsiter Rich, along with other catalog (and non catalog) ATD swirled Jems and UV.
4. The catalog ATD Jem 2K DNA prototype (no blood on the paint) that Steve loaned to Guitar Center and later auctioned for Cliff Cultrieri’s benefit.
5. The Jack Butler’s Charvel-Jackson; it was loaned as part of the film atrezzo and never belonged to Steve, but it is the reason why must of us started to play guitar, doesn’t it? I think it is now at the Biloxi’s Hard Rock Cafe.
Among those, other *minor* guitars not included that deserve some atention are:
6. The Jem 777VDY that Steve played in the 1992 Zappa’s tribute; he played Sofa and won his first grammy with her; I think it was the one he auctioned 3-5 yr ago.
7. During the S&R era, there are many studio pics with a 777VBK, a 7PBK and the pyramid Bad Horsie guitar along with a hard-tail prototype. All of these guitars are included but the 777VBK; I have several posters of him playing it circa 1992-1993 era.
8. The Jem 77BFP prototype; it had a different blue floral pattern than the production ones and I think it is closer to the pattern on today’s Premium guitars.
9. The BC Rich (double neck) stated in the PAW book.
Last edited by vy100; 02-26-2019 at 05:21 PM.