STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO! - in Richmond, VA - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO! - in Richmond, VA

WHOA! I heard "The Riddle" by Vai on XL102 (a radio station in richmond virginia!) BUT it wasnt being played as a song - it was background music while the dj was talking about some crap...oh well..i guess thats as close as it gets for Vai getting played on the radio...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2001, 11:43 PM

STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO!

For the longest time, Evil Guitar Center used the intros to KMFDM songs in their commercials. I felt the same way.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 02:47 AM

STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO!

I've got a killer radio appearance Vai did on Howard Stern the day the P&W came out - it was the day before he shot that Headbanger's ball special. *Some really hilarious stuff, and you get to hear Vai being Vai. *I remember listening to it (shortly after i grad'td from Berklee) and thinking - "wow - this guy's just a Berklee guy, like me!" -got the feeling i could hang with him and have a normal conversation ( i lived in Carle Place, LI for a while too, coincidentally, too)

It about fits on a 90 minute tape, if anyone's interested i'll be happy to make a copy - if you have something to throw on a tape for me, even better *no money. *just trades and/or tapes. *e-mail me or msg me.

~Kenny
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 04:55 AM

STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO!

* * one time a drunk red neck called in the local station and asked for some for some Joe Sah-tree-annie, and low and behold, they played Crushing Day! :shocked: * :donnie:

* * Discuss - why is it that most of the people who request songs on the radio seem to be drunk rednecks? *maybe that's just my location...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 10:11 AM

STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO!

I recently heard Toronto's radio station (97.7HTZFM ROCKS) play Satch Boogie on their Top 1500 Countdown. Think it was number 600-something...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO!

For a looooooong time Vai was on the radio over here every single sunday, they used part of "Pig" as an introduction to the official UK weekly top 40 chart thingy
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 01:09 PM

STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO!

WKLS 96 ROCK in Atlanta commonly plays Joe Satriani tunes oddly enough. *They also like to use selections from P&W as bumper music.

----- added afterthoughts -----

Kenny: *Maybe you can download MusicMatch Jukebox, run a cord from a walkman to your Line In jack on the sound card, and record the show as 4 or 5 low quality MP3s so we could all enjoy it. *I'll host the clips on my site if needed.

Here's another idea while we're pirating copyrighted materials.... *If anyone has an internal DVD player and the Alien Love Secrets DVD, you can use MusicMatch Jukebox to record Steve's interview and commentary tracks off the DVD.

Isn't all this techno-babble worth something? *I'm shameless.

(Edited by BloodySwirl at 1:23 pm on July 13, 2001)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 03:20 PM

STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO!

Good Idea, BS. *i don't know why i didn't think of that.

I'll (hopefully) get to it soon. *I'll divide it into 10-15 mintue chunks for the *ahem* poor, disadvantaged low-bandwidth people here on the forum :laugh:

~kenny
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 04:34 PM

STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO!

cheers Kenny,

That would be cool!

ps does anyone have the vid of steve vai and bob dylan on the tonight show..... I always wanted to see that one
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO!

I WANNA GO TO BERKLEE KENNY!!!!
:loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 05:14 PM

STEVE VAI ON THE RADIO!

The requirements to get into Berklee are very stringent.
Send your application, along wtih your Dad and/or Moms W2's from the last 5 years.

~kenny :sarcasm:

PS - i'd be happy to discuss this with you via e-mail.

Tags
joe satriani , satch boogie , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode