Steve's Sustainer. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Steve's Sustainer.

Hello.
Your friendly neighborhood Azianman here.

I just wanted to know how steve had his sustainer installed. Did he get both the single coil and the humbucker that comes in the 401 package installed? or does he keep whatever bridge pickup he has already in the guitar still in the guitar? can u have the option to only have the driver installed. I just purchased a sustainer and wanted to know how he does it. and no im not going to put it into my jem. so im not goin to show pics of it. sorry. but thanks in advanced
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 12:00 AM

Re: Steve's Sustainer.

the sustainer steve uses is the 401k kit , he just has a dummy coil put with the single coil driver to make it look like he has a full humbucker in the neck . as far as his bridge pickup goes it is a dimarzio evolution .
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 04:12 PM

I have got the same thing as Steve 401 kit, If youare going to put it on your BRMR BE SURE it can be done since you hace to put another potentioneter and 2 switches (so 3 holes on the top on the guitar are necesary). I dont know if the mirror top is perforable.... (steves Mirror top is different from the BRMR)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

No, im not goin to put a sustainer in my BRMR. im going to install it into a cheaper guitar.

This question still hasnt been answered:
Does steve have both the Driver single coil and the humbucker that came in the 401 package installed into his guitars? or does he just use the driver, and keep the original humbucker thats in the bridge position in the bridge?

And if the humbucker that comes witht the sustainer is installed with the driver, does that humbucker also sustain notes if u are only using the bridge?

please, i know that they put the driver in the neck and with a dummy pickup, ive known that for sometime. im just wondering about the humbucker.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 05:51 PM

Hi,
Steve doesn't use the humbucker that came with the 401 package, but rather Dimarzio humbuckers.

Jeroen
vai.com
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Jeroenn. Thats all i needed to know.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 03:12 PM

Tags
bridge pickup , bridge position , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio humbuckers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode