still the same passion! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

still the same passion!

When I was about to buy my js1000bp, I knew that music was my life and that I needed a top of the line instrument to express my emotions and 'sentiments'. My family wasn't believing that much that I would love playing guitar that much and that I would just drop it...so why buy an expensive guitar.

That was about 4 years ago and I still find myself watching my guitar and just smile and I still play a lot (I teach at a local store). Even last night, I was SO into my playing that I didn't want to put the guitar down...and I was playing unplugged.

Do you feel as passionate as the very first day you got your guitar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 12:43 AM

Reviews: 10
Talking Re: still the same passion!

I've felt like that before! it's kinda like when you fall in love for the first time, you kinda feel the way you discribe in your post, I remember when I was like 16 and finally got my hands on my first pro axe it was a Jackson Randy Rhoads every time I looked at it I couldn't believe I had one, I felt the same way when I got
my 777 Neon JEMS, my Michael Schenker flying V and my JPM's
I guess after all this time I'm still in love with all my Axes
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 07:35 AM

Re: still the same passion!

If you love your guitars they will love you back !

Ben
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 07:46 PM

I feel that way about my 7vwh.Just seeing her hanging on the stand is an awesome feeling,and thinkin..."wow,she's mine"
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 12:07 AM

Even more so, since I can play better!

Every day I discover new songs, or make some melodies that brings that love and passion right back.

It's a great thing that guitar or music in general can do that...
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy
If you love your guitars they will love you back !

Ben

Regards

André

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 12:26 PM

Better than the first day as band starts to take off... playing 2 shows a week can be hard work but it's great fun altogether.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 12:51 PM

The same.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 01:16 PM

hope it continues for you !
I fell drastically out of love with the guitar for 6 years, I didnt take it out of its case more than 3 times, I couldnt get excited about playing it and was thoughoughly bored with the whole thing.
I think it was guitar burn-out...
I picked it up less than a year ago now and everything is back to normal

cant explain the lack of desire to play - it just happened
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Inactive Username

I play classical guitar (mostly) and I still find myself completely lost in the music. Before I know it, an hour has gone by,and I am STILL playing my love. (The guitar.) Sometimes I'm all ready for bed and about to climb in, then I pick up my guitar and don't end up going to sleep for another hour or two. (oops!) The firey passion is still there! Always will be!!

~ Katrina
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisshredding
hope it continues for you !
I fell drastically out of love with the guitar for 6 years, I didnt take it out of its case more than 3 times, I couldnt get excited about playing it and was thoughoughly bored with the whole thing.
I think it was guitar burn-out...
I picked it up less than a year ago now and everything is back to normal

cant explain the lack of desire to play - it just happened
That's pretty much what happened with me. Having played guitar since about 1979, I felt frustrated and bored with it for about 6 years. In that time I studied the art of scratching. Turntables was my main instrument for that time, I reached a high level of proficiency and became actually pretty well known in the scratch DJ world. Heck, many people put me up there with legends such as DJ Q-Bert, which to me was pretty funny, but I didn't complain, I accepted the compliments and the fact that I had become quite a few people's favourite scratcher. These days I don't scratch. I haven't done for about a year or so, but what I have done is a complete 360* turn and gone back to guitar. I have pretty much fallen in love with it again and it feels better than ever. Guess I needed some time off.

I am kinda disappointed in myself that I lost 6 years of practice on the guitar, but I am pleased that I learned another instrument during that time, and I appreciate the fact that people appreciate my skills on the turntable. I can now utilize the turntable as a means of expression, and that's a good thing. I play drums, bass, guitar and turntables. I'm not keen on vocals unless they're exceptional (Stevie Wonder!), so mostly I listen to instrumental music. Having the ability to play multiple instruments to about the same technical level, it's all good for composition. I'm warbling, but I'll say that if you lose interest in guitar, go do something else for a while. Learn a new instrument and come back later when you feel the need to. You'll most likely find that the passion is there and is stronger than ever.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeswift
That's pretty much what happened with me. Having played guitar since about 1979, I felt frustrated and bored with it for about 6 years. In that time I studied the art of scratching. Turntables was my main instrument for that time, I reached a high level of proficiency and became actually pretty well known in the scratch DJ world. Heck, many people put me up there with legends such as DJ Q-Bert, which to me was pretty funny, but I didn't complain, I accepted the compliments and the fact that I had become quite a few people's favourite scratcher. These days I don't scratch. I haven't done for about a year or so, but what I have done is a complete 360* turn and gone back to guitar. I have pretty much fallen in love with it again and it feels better than ever. Guess I needed some time off.

I am kinda disappointed in myself that I lost 6 years of practice on the guitar, but I am pleased that I learned another instrument during that time, and I appreciate the fact that people appreciate my skills on the turntable. I can now utilize the turntable as a means of expression, and that's a good thing. I play drums, bass, guitar and turntables. I'm not keen on vocals unless they're exceptional (Stevie Wonder!), so mostly I listen to instrumental music. Having the ability to play multiple instruments to about the same technical level, it's all good for composition. I'm warbling, but I'll say that if you lose interest in guitar, go do something else for a while. Learn a new instrument and come back later when you feel the need to. You'll most likely find that the passion is there and is stronger than ever.
COOL !!
I just played rugby, drank beer and had nothing at all to do with music !
at least you can still use your DJ skills wheras I cant see any use for a drop kick on the stage

J.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Dee

Lol!
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 06:38 PM

I was scratching the other day but..............err,thats a whole different story!!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbojim

Do you feel as passionate as the very first day you got your guitar?
Always.

Tags
fat strat , fender fat strat , fender strat , floyd rose , guitar players , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , michael schenker , playing guitar , randy rhoads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode