Swirl paint!!!! - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
rgr

Swirl paint!!!!

Okay, if I'm not in the right place I'm sure the mods will move it and tell me. I've worked with Anthony Nasiatkia doing swirl paint jobs on the pedals I used to make (and will be again soon under a different name, stay tuned). There is even a pedal on his website, www.colorunique.com. Anthony is a great guy, Darren at ATD would agree, they started this whole swirled guitar thing together. Anthony has gone back into the swirl paint business full time and has great prices so I just wanted to put in a word here at the home of swirl junkies about his great work and if you are interested, check out his website (see above) and give him a shout.

Wow, click on other stuff on his site and see a picture of a bunch of the pedals I used to build. Also check the "review" at HC under effects/roger roberts. Oops, sorry for the shameless self-promo.

Roger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 03:33 PM

thanks for the heads up. he has some very interesting swirls on his page. man, i've always wanted a swirled GMC helmet!!
too bad i don't have a motorcycle anymore...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 04:57 PM
EKG

Some nice swirls there!
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:19 PM

Maaaaaaaan!!!
Another PRO swirler!
WOW
Incredible!
Great swirls!
Tubarão
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:22 PM

I'm diggin' that acoustic on the main page! That's a really dark swirl, very nice.

Man, looks like he'll swirl anything! An idea which has me a bit worried about how much he "loves" his job. Y'know, he trips and accidentally "dips" himself, and likes the outcome...

...They call him...Swirlmember.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-12-2003, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
I'm diggin' that acoustic on the main page! That's a really dark swirl, very nice.
same here!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
rgr

Anthony and Darren did the original swirls, the Bowling Ball Strats and Teles for Fender in the early 80s. Anthony is a great guy, I highly recommend him. And yep, I'm getting back into the pedal business soon so look for some new swirly pedals to put at your feet in the next month or so.

Roger
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 11:58 AM

Hey folks Anthony Is a great guy and one of my best friends in the world .
As far as swirling I would recomend him if you wanted an alternative.
He does class "A" work and you will be happy I would recomend him over other swirlers out there . Easy to work with and close friend of mine . He would be the closest thing to our swirls and if you look in the history on my page we came up in the biz together .
Darren
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 12:08 PM

Darren,

I must say that my respect for you just hit an all time high, most companys would tear into the competition and you do the opposite. Friends or not it most comapnys would never recommend the competitor. This gives me the out most respect for you. Its good to see someone in a business that they love and its not always about money.. Keep up the good work and when I get a little extra cash we will swirl that 1/10th RC Car body like we talked about...

Brett
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
rgr

There you go folks, both of the original guitar swirl guys are right here, thanks for chiming in Darren, Anthony will appreciate it too, I expect him to be popping in here any time now.

Like I said, I worked with Anthony in NC when I lived there, the pedals he swirled for me are on his page under Other Stuff. We did runs of different colors, so every 25 pedals or so were a different color.

Anthony called me this weekend and we haven't talked for about 4 years, he went back into business full time after getting laid off at Nortel, and my position has become totally unstable here, I'm thinking about 3 weeks to go. So the timing was perfect, I'm going to set up a website and get back into building pedals and getting Anthony to put some of his wonderful paint on my products. It's scary but I'm also looking forward to doing something I love instead of having to drag my butt into a job that I hate every day. Fortunately it looks like I may have something else lined up to provide some somewhat stable income while I get my designs together. I really feel blessed, lucky or whatever you want to call it that so many things came together at once, it's in my hands to make it happen, scary, yeah, but I think it's my wake up call instead of spending the next 28 or so years until retirement becoming a desk zombie.

Roger
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 12:55 PM

Jemsite Forum Friends,

I'd like to finally get a chance to introduce myself. My name is Anthony Nasiatka and I am the owner of Color Unique Inc. Yes, as some of y'all have said, "Another Swirler"! To be a part of this forum is truly exciting and I can't thank you all enough for your kind words about my painting.

I thank my Brother Darren for his kind words and his promoting of my painting. Darren and I grew up together and he is like my fifth brother. We've seen and been thru most of life's challenges and victories and there is nothing I wouldn't do for him. Darren is the hardest working person I know and will always look up to him for that fact alone. He continues to amaze me on a regular basis.

As Rodger stated earlier, hopefully I will be swirling some custom distortion/overdrive pedals that I had the pleasure of painting about 4 years ago for a local music store. For you gear-heads out there, this is one pedal that will make you wanna hit an A Chord as if you were at a stadium. One of the Open Mic's I play at in Raleigh, has one of these babies on stage connected to a Blues Breakers Marshall combo. Rest assured, that is the rig I always try and get each Thursday.

I don't want to ramble toooo much, but, I just wanted to say Hi and thank you all for your kind words and I look forward to talking, emailing and swirling for you in the future!

God Bless
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 01:42 PM

Some great looking stuff on the website Anthony!!

Welcome to jemsite too!!

Best wishes

Simon
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 10:11 PM

Yeah, like Simon said: WELCOME, SWIRLER!!!!!
Tubarão
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2003, 10:45 PM

anthony, hey dude, Jeremy from LGM Guitars here!!!!!

Anthony is kewl, he emailed me one day, to offer his services, I simply told him I was very happy with Darren at ATD. Unlike other people who have offered services, Anthony's email reply was refreshing, stating that he would never want to step on anyone's toes, he did not realize I was dealing with Darren. This put a good impression in my mind, I have never seen any of Anthony's work in person, but I believe him to be a good businessman to deal with.

Welcome to the forum Anthony, I wish you the best!

Jeremy
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-2003, 07:04 AM
HDS

*Rises eye brow*

Tags
lgm guitars , local music store , music store , overdrive pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode