Talk Me Out Of Selling My 7VWH - Page 2 - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 05:18 AM

Re: Talk Me Out Of Selling My 7VWH

Arnie ,
I think I can understand you 100% .
My age is almost as yours age , I used to play broomstick necks all my life too .
Two years before , I simply didn't manage to resist on the 7 vwh magic , so I went from the store with her in my hands (I was in the store to buy only a strings ) .
I managed to get used on thin neck , but yes , it took me a little bit of time , it was not so easy though...

Maybe you should give her a lttle bit more try and become more familiar with the thin , wide neck . ...............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 05:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydogga View Post
I think it was you who mentioned kentcarlevi on the tone thread(?) and now I'm hooked on that tone, the guitar looks awesome at the angle of the camera aswell!!!
yes his tone is real killer.i swear down if i had his tone id play guitar 24/7.his set up effects ect isnt anything special,but boy does it rock.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 09:00 PM

LOL. I love that this thread is titled "Talk me out of selling my 7VWH" and every single person tells him to sell it, then he chooses not too.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenix700 View Post
LOL. I love that this thread is titled "Talk me out of selling my 7VWH" and every single person tells him to sell it, then he chooses not too.
Well, there were several reasons:
It is so beautiful, I mean just beautiful.
My older brother plays guitar, and when I pulled her out of the case, he was stunned.
While the neck profile isn't my first choice, I can live with it.
It stays in tune like crazy...dive bombs, horse whinnies, right back in tune.
I love the tone from the humbuckers.
My first choice for a fretboard is ebony.
I love Jumbo frets.
I love the Vine of Life inlay.
I love 2 octave necks....and on and on.

I do wish it was wired different...
Like Push/Pull pots for series/parallel for the hb's,
and the 5-way switch to wired conventionally.
This way, when you have the hb's in parallel,
the pu's would be better balanced volume wise,
and the guitar would be more useful.

Yeah, it is a little funny that the general consensus was to sell it,
but like I said, I do get attached to my guitars, they're like family.
I've sold a few guitars that I've truly regretted, and I think I would regret selling this one.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to post their advice.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 02:01 AM

You'll pardon my bluntness here...but for $2000 you shouldn't have to "live" with the neck profile, you should love it. There are tons of amazing sounding and looking guitars for that price or cheaper. But if your one real wish is to have it wired differently...that's easy enough to do for a relatively cheap price.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 05:01 AM
Banned

after reading your posts i think you really like your 7vwh so in that case you should keep it.if you have any feelings for that 7vwh and you sell it you will miss it and end up buying another.as far as the gold fading from the hardware try this it works very well,buy yourself some clear nail varnish,rub down the gold hardware with dry cloth just to get shot of any dust,then brush the nail varnish on trem ect,this worked a treat on my 7vwh.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
You'll pardon my bluntness here...but for $2000 you shouldn't have to "live" with the neck profile, you should love it. There are tons of amazing sounding and looking guitars for that price or cheaper. But if your one real wish is to have it wired differently...that's easy enough to do for a relatively cheap price.
Well, in case it matters, I paid $1100 for it in Sep of '03, used, and was told it was an '02. I am fortunate to have many "amazing sounding and looking guitars"., not to brag, but at last count, 32, mostly vintage and high end, so the 7VWH isn't my only quality guitar.

As far as rewiring it, I would never do it...I have a '74 Strat (original owner, me) that I put a set of Dimarzio SDS-1's in and rewired it...I love it now, but I sure killed the value of it. The 7VWH is truly pristine and untouched, I seriously doubt that even the trem spring cavity cover has ever been removed. If I rewired it I'd kill the value...that may seem odd to some, but I'm kinda weird that way...
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 02:29 PM

Well, that's even more to the point...if you have the money to have all these expensive guitars, why would you bother trying to make yourself like a guitar where the neck profile doesnt suit you? And in all honesty, the 7VWH is such a common Jem that I doubt anyone is buying it for collector's purposes. And if someone bought it and wanted to put it back the normal way I'm sure that's easily doable too.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 03:11 PM

Plenty of vendors could make you another neck with a profile that better suits you. That way you can fully enjoy the guitar, and retain the stock neck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode