team j craft and 7 77 777.. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

team j craft and 7 77 777..

Hello from Greece!!
ii own a rg 450 ldbk '97 and i am about to buy a jem!
2 main questions here..what is the difference of ibanez made and j craft made?
second which from 7 77 77 is better and what it means?i saw a relative thread here but could not clear my confusion..
Now what do you think about jem 777 DY,SK?do they pay their collectable cost in sound?
Thanks for viewing please help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 12:17 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: team j craft and 7 77 777..

J - craft is simply referring to the made in Japan (MIJ) prestige guitars that are made in Fujigen. They are higher quality - and more expensive - than the main line of Ibanez guitars that are made in Korea. I have a J - Craft RG Prestige and it is a very nice instrument...but it was fairly expensive. The J - Craft guitars are typically set up better and apparently there is more attention to detail with fret leveling & finishing. My J - craft Prestige was set up perfectly from the factory with smooth fret edges.

I also have a Jem 7vwh, which is also a very nice guitar...I wouldn't say it's any higher quality than my RG prestige but I like the neck on the Jem 7vwh better than the RG prestige neck becasue the new prestige necks are too wide for me.

I have not played a Jem777 DY (I wish) but those guitars are expensive and should hold their value well.

hope this helps...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

hmm i see...but how one can order a Jem and that it will be made from J craft??
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post

I have not played a Jem777 DY (I wish) but those guitars are expensive and should hold their value well.
There not too expensive as long as you're not wanting a mint 1987. There's a couple of SKs and a DY in the classifieds right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimqiousis View Post
Now what do you think about jem 777 DY,SK?do they pay their collectable cost in sound?
In my humble opinion; yes. I bought a 777DY because I always saw them in pawn shops and wanted one as a teenager. What I wasn't expecting is a guitar that spoiled me against new Ibanez guitars. I could write seven or eight paragraphs describing every nuance of what excites be about that guitar, and you can PM me if you want details, but I can sum it up pretty well.

At some point, I think your average Ibanez became a little *too* refined. I see the AANJ and the various iterations of the Edge (even the Zero) as honest attempts at improvement. The point where I feel they became too refined is whenever they started doing 5-piece necks.

Do not misunderstand me, those necks are fantastic. They're definately something Ibanez is entitled to use as a selling point. However, the way they feel versus a one-piece is like night and day to me. They feel less like a raw, organic, heavy rock superstrat and more like slick, sterile, Nu-metal machine. If I wanted that, I'd buy a Schecter or an ESP.

I feel sad because I really like Ibanez, but I've just come to realize that the only Ibanez guitars I could see myself buying at this point all have 77 or 777 in the model name.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 01:53 PM

Reviews: 10

I believe all the new Jems are Prestige series and are made in Japan
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 03:08 AM

Reviews: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
I believe all the new Jems are Prestige series and are made in Japan
Nope. Not the cheap ones.
All Jems with a 7 are MIJ.
Team J-Craft or not is not relevant for Jem 7s they are all MIJ and the Team J-Craft was only a marketing gag.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 06:02 AM

^ 505's are MIJ too.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Banned

i still say the 777 jems were the best guitars ibanez ever made.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

Talking Re: team j craft and 7 77 777..

find me one

Tags
team j craft and 7 77 777

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode