Tell me what you think of this baby.. - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 08:50 PM

Wow...that's about as N.O.S. as you can get...do you own this?
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 09:15 PM

At an "asking price" of $5000, the current owner can keep it (and keep dreaming while he's at it!) Ed Roman's got some competition....

It's an LNG. The same LNG that was in the Jemsite Classifieds, and is supposedly going on to EBay. There are 776 others just like it (not counting any unnumbered ones that Stevie currently has or has had.)

Anybody stupid enough to even consider paying that much for an LNG needs to undergo a CAT scan just to make sure that there actually is something occupying their cranial cavity.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 09:19 PM
Vendor

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Calm down....no sense in getting all worked up now. I ask this though...Are there 776 others that have never been touched and are in brand new condition with the friggin plastic still on the pickguard and cavity covers?!? The original strings are still on the thing for Heaven's sake, and they're not corroded! This has been climate controlled for the past 16 years.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Rich, that baby was smokin'
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 09:26 PM
Vendor

Yup, it was kept in a nicotine rich environment for a whole month!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agquake
Calm down....no sense in getting all worked up now. I ask this though...Are there 776 others that have never been touched and are in brand new condition with the friggin plastic still on the pickguard and cavity covers?!? The original strings are still on the thing for Heaven's sake, and they're not corroded! This has been climate controlled for the past 16 years.
Yup. There sure were 776 others just like it...at one time or another.

Whether or not a guitar still has the plastic on the pickguard and covers is irrelevant. As soon as you play it, the plastic on the pickguard WILL come of to some extent. The only way it'll stay intact is if the guitar is left in it's case or on display. In which case, if you're dumb enough to pay double the value for a production model guitar, you probably won't mind letting it sit.

Climate controlled? It's been in the case with Desipaks. Meaning it's been deprived of any humidity. Desipaks are a desiccant- they absorb humidity. It's in Salt Lake City- not the most humid place in the first place. Let's see...16 year old guitar, kept in the case, original strings, unplayed, desicant packs, in the middle of the desert...oh yeah! I'd blow $5K on a guitar that is most likely unplayable.

Luckily, 99% of the people here will know better. It's that poor unsuspecting moron on EBay who pays out the nose that I feel sorry for.

On word summary: Stupid.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Did anywhere in my post it state that the guitar is, was, or cost $5000? Instead of being so negative, and for whatever reason "hateful," why don't you just appreciate an exquisitely kept and fine instrument. That was the subject of the thread to begin with.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 10:24 PM

What you asked in the title of your post is "Tell me what you think of this baby"

Well...you asked for it, you got it. You don't like what I think about it? Too bad. Deal with it.

There's nothing to appreciate, other than the fact that the seller is clueless. I see no reason to celebrate or promote an obvious Romanoff.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 10:36 PM

Overboard? Nope. Not yet.

Simply calling it as it is: a ripoff.

You can candy-coat it all you like, but there is simply no justifying it. The ridiculous nature of the seller's price erodes any prestige such a guitar might have. It's little more than a joke- not unlike the ridiculously high-priced JS5 reject that's been floating around online for years.
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Again, NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE GUITAR BEING $5000! Hello, McFly? I can't believe I have to repeat myself, but it was simply for the admiration of an instrument kept in factory fresh condition. NOTHING about the sale of it or anything of that nature. Jeez, talking to you is like trying to clap with one hand.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 10:44 PM
Vendor

I wouldn't be talking about that JS5 proto's price, it did SELL twice

Somebody please fix that link in the first post that's making this 1200 wide
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 10:44 PM

So as to attempt to make this easier to understand for somebody of your apparently limited comprehension:

You asked opinions. You got opinions.

Do you seriously think that nobody recognizes that it's the same guitar that's been in the Classifieds for a week? Are you that clueless? Based on that fact alone, the price IS a valid point when dictating an opinion of the guitar.

Reasoning with you is an exercise in futility. You simply aren't capable of "getting it".

You have fun trying to clap with one hand...I'd rather not know what the other is doing.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-14-2003, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
I wouldn't be talking about that JS5 proto's price, it did SELL twice

Somebody please fix that link in the first post that's making this 1200 wide
Which, sadly enough, lends proof that there is most likely somebody stupid enough to pay $5K for an LNG.

But...that doesn't make it any less of a ripoff. Double market value? No way. At least with the JS5 there is some actual ARTWORK involved, not to mention that there were nowhere near as many made.
Closed Thread

Tags
cavity cover , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode