Thank you Rich - for showing us those wonderful graphic JS - Jemsite
Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models For discussion of Ibanez JEM, Universe and JS (Satriani) guitars only.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Rich - for showing us those wonderful graphic JS

I have to admit, and I am not the only one, that I was completely mesmerized by the three Satriani Graphic JS Rich brought to Orlando.

Thanks Rich :donnie:

I just hope Ibanez/Joe will come up with another one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Thank you Rich

Even though I couldn't come this year I'd like to thank Rich for taking them and to Gabe for getting the piccies of Rich's babies up so promptly
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 05:07 PM

Thank you Rich

Jono, ManÖ You had to see them in person. I was almost converted.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 05:09 PM
Vendor

Thank you Rich

I'm glad I got to show them, it's real nice when they get to be apreciated by others. Sorry I was such an a$$ about them "uhh, you're touching, that's a no no!! Stay 5 feet behind the rope please!" but they truely are my babies and I didn't even want to take them out of state! If the Fest was in Philly I'd take them all (and hire a guard to watch them!LOL) it's really something to see in person :biggrin: The pics turned out killer, you'll never see high res of my JS Graphics like that again!! (I won't post them since I don't want anybody copying them) Paranoid? Yup, but with good reason
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 05:23 PM

Thank you Rich

Rich...it's like out of "Spinal Tap"....."don't touch it", "I'm not touching it, I'm looking at it"...."well don't even look at it"

You're brave, I don't know if I would've traveled with them. Did you pull a "Johnny Cash" like in the Columbo episode and by the guitars their own seats on the plane.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 05:28 PM
Vendor

Thank you Rich

Not even close, 4 in the trunk and 3 in the back seat. My JS's were in the trunk, and yes, 18 wheelers in my rear view made me nervous!!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Thank you Rich

Rich you're like the keeper or the sacred treasures and stories of 18 wheelers in your rear view are now making MEnervous
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 05:54 PM

Thank you Rich

I saw the pic on jemfest.com. Boy, great guitars....
Awesome stuff!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 12:26 PM

Thank you Rich

It was hard to stop looking at them. I actually did lean over one at one point, but Rich was standing by me holding a cup under my chin. :biggrin:

I have said it before, but Iíll say it againÖ photos donít do them justice. It was a privilege to see them in person. I was unable to decide which one I liked best. After thinking about it for a few days, I have decided I like the Donnie because of the way the knobs are in the eyes of the little skeleton dudes. The Rainbow and Forest are tied for second. All the graphics on all three are phenomenal.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 01:40 PM

Thank you Rich

Wow,

* Just seen the pic, wish I was there to see them....I think I like the Donnie best, but the Rainforest is a very close second....

* *Why were those guitar made in so limited quantities?..Is it because they didnt sell well?...Were they much more expensive than the regular ones when they came out?...

* *Anyway, I guess a picture is all I will ever see of those guitars, thanks for sharing them....

* *Hugues
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 01:17 AM
Vendor

Thank you Rich

They were twice the List Price of a JS1 and there weren't alot of guys that were willing to drop the coin on the paint job, or dealers that would actually stock an expensive guitar with a crazy paint job. They were actually only $250 more than a PMC, but Jems have always found a much more receptive audience from a sales point of view (selling twice as many twice as fast). On the other hand JS graphics owners are twice as adament about never parting with 'em, and why you just never see them on the market.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 03:07 PM

Thank you Rich

Quote:
Quote: from bob oakman on 1:26 pm on May 17, 2001
It was hard to stop looking at them. I actually did lean over one at one point, but Rich was standing by me holding a cup under my chin. :biggrin:
Don't tell Rich this but I think when Bob leaned over to look close I saw his hair may have lightly brushed the surface of a Donnie. *Ohh... Ahh! * *Never wash your hair again Bob!

I thought it was cool when Rich was loading the guitars up with the Hotel cart and when the Hotel guy tried to assist with moving the cases on the cart Rich nearly slapped his hands when he went for a case!

Man that was great!
Gabe
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 07:44 PM

Thank you Rich

Quote:
Quote: from Gabe Nickelson on 2:07 pm on May 18, 2001...Don't tell Rich this but I think when Bob leaned over to look close I saw his hair may have lightly brushed the surface of a Donnie. *Ohh... Ahh! * *Never wash your hair again Bob!
How Ďbout I never cut it again eitherÖ

Oh Wait! I never have. :biggrin:

Tags
bob oakman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode